cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG accessories

fraz77
Level 7
Hi,

I've collected a few ROG boards over the last year or two - Crossblade Ranger (AMD FM2+), Crosshair V Formula-Z (AMD AM3+), Crosshair VI Hero (AMD AM4) and Rampage V Extreme Edition 10.

I was doing a job getting all the drivers together, downloading them and to burn onto DVD's and somehow there is always an accessory or two that somehow finds its way out of the box.

One of them is what looks like a guitar plectrum and is quite sturdy, is this actually a guitar plectrum or a fan cover? - Either way it is out of its box and I'm not sure where it belongs.

I've looked through the motherboard manuals to check whats included but not found anything and GOOGLED it to look for a clue - There is something like this included with the Maximus VIII Hero but I don't have one of these.

It's just a tad annoying not knowing 100% - Any pointers helpful - thanks
9 REPLIES 9

SlackROG
Level 10
This?

fraz77
Level 7
Yes it is one just like that, rigid, plastic, eg not floppy - 😉

Korth
Level 14
As far as I know, ASUS doesn't sell ROG decorations ... but many other mod-sites and vendors (and eBay) do. That particular ROG badge can be purchased at Amazon but there's all kinds of other ROG-branded stuff online.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

fraz77
Level 7
Well if it hasn't shipped with an Asus motherboard such as Rampage V Extreme or any others listed above I can't explain where its come from. Not to worry its safely away in a box! - Little bits like that are very easy to lose -

Menthol
Level 14
ASUS case badges are packaged inside the sleeve of the included driver disk from the factory, they have changed shapes over the years

Korth
Level 14
lol I've never liked the "ROG Door Hanger". Kinda dumb. I can easily imagine these things getting vandalized/stolen in college dorms or in any other environment where such a doorsign would actually serve a purpose. So it sits in the box and fills no purpose other than being part of the "kit" you pass along with the rest of the hardware to the next owner.

Badges and stickers and stuff are always kinda cool, though. Put some brand bling on your tech and personalize/advertise a little. I rarely use them but my buddies are always eager for more.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

The only gadget I have is a pair of ROG velcro laces for cables, that I use for power supply and mouse cables.

Mechmaniac wrote:
The only gadget I have is a pair of ROG velcro laces for cables, that I use for power supply and mouse cables.

I like those too. I use all of mine.
Davemon50

Korth
Level 14
Hmm, I've always used "split loom" tubing to clean up my cable clusters. Looks neater, but it can be a pain sometimes when following wires and crawling around under furniture. Velcro ties might be easier.

[/Korth]