ROG Member Array

Help with updating to newest bios 0802 on Z370 Hero X

I am having some trouble updating the bios on my z370 hero x, currently at 0505 and saw there is a new 0802 out today.

DId not work in either the Asus suite software, nor did it work in bios ez flash with a usb drive. I can select the file, but said it was not a valid bios rom. Do I have to rename the file? Both software and bios gave me errors and did not allow me to update.

New ROGer Array

0802 bios update

Hey there! Check if the file is still a
    .rar file, if it is you need to open it with 7zip. Try flashing it after that!

ROG Member Array

I did try 7zip, but it gave me the same error.

Just noticed something weird - on the Asus page, this 0802 is no longer showing up under wins 10 64 bit, went back to 0505. Still showing up under wins 10 32 bit, though. Maybe they are still working on it.

In bios it says "This file is not a valid bios file"

In asus ez update software, it says "The model of the bios image does not match the current rom present"

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Winrar is best for extracting rar files. There are two Hero builds; one for WiFi and the other for the non-WiFi. Needs to be the right build for the board.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Winrar is best for extracting rar files. There are two Hero builds; one for WiFi and the other for the non-WiFi. Needs to be the right build for the board.

Thank you Raja, this solved my problem. I was attempting to download and install the regular non WiFi bios, while my motherboard is the AC wifi version.

Have successfully installed the correct version and everything works fine.