cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling GetMBColor returns only white

Darth_Affe
Level 7
Hey guys,

like the title indicates I've a problem using the SDK-method "GetMBColor". No matter what i do in Aura it always gives me only an array full of 255.
I'm using the latest SDK-version and can confirm that the code itself works since i've heard from other people using the same code to get useful values. Setting colors through the SDK works.

I'm using a PRIME-X370-PRO.

What could cause an issue like that?

Greetings Darth Affe
8 REPLIES 8

AkaNe0
Level 10
Darth Affe wrote:
Hey guys,

like the title indicates I've a problem using the SDK-method "GetMBColor". No matter what i do in Aura it always gives me only an array full of 255.
I'm using the latest SDK-version and can confirm that the code itself works since i've heard from other people using the same code to get useful values. Setting colors through the SDK works.

I'm using a PRIME-X370-PRO.

What could cause an issue like that?

Greetings Darth Affe

Can your copy your sample code?
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

I have the same issue.
I'm using Aura SDK 2.4 with Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming with the latest bios 3203
I am able to set colors but unable to read.

DWORD _count = EnumerateMbController(NULL, 0);

MbLightControl* _mbLightCtrl = new MbLightControl[_count];
EnumerateMbController(_mbLightCtrl, _count);

//SetMbMode(_mbLightCtrl[0], 1);

DWORD _ledCount = GetMbLedCount(_mbLightCtrl[0]);
BYTE* _color = new BYTE[_ledCount * 3];
ZeroMemory(_color, _ledCount * 3);

GetMbColor(_mbLightCtrl[0], _color, _ledCount * 3);

Is there any progress on this?

It's just a guess but maybe they use other names for the variables?
An array full of 255 for GetMbColor looks also like a statement of what is possible?

migabriel wrote:
I have the same issue.
I'm using Aura SDK 2.4 with Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming with the latest bios 3203
I am able to set colors but unable to read.

DWORD _count = EnumerateMbController(NULL, 0);

MbLightControl* _mbLightCtrl = new MbLightControl[_count];
EnumerateMbController(_mbLightCtrl, _count);

//SetMbMode(_mbLightCtrl[0], 1);

DWORD _ledCount = GetMbLedCount(_mbLightCtrl[0]);
BYTE* _color = new BYTE[_ledCount * 3];
ZeroMemory(_color, _ledCount * 3);

GetMbColor(_mbLightCtrl[0], _color, _ledCount * 3);

19erebus89 wrote:
Is there any progress on this?

It's just a guess but maybe they use other names for the variables?
An array full of 255 for GetMbColor looks also like a statement of what is possible?

Right now I'm 100% sure that this is eighter a bug or a intended behavior (which I wouldn't understand). The sample-size of devices I've had tests for this issue is quite high and it seems to affect all ryzen-mainboards. Everything else is working as expected.

In my case I can say 100% sure that it's not an issue with one specific device (since no ryzen-mb I've heard of is working), and it's not a problem with wrong SDK-usage (since a lot of other mainboards are working with the exact same code).

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Can your copy your sample code?

I tried it with my C# wrapper (that's the code I'm 100% sure works for other people but not for me) but it's a bit to much around there to post here.
To verify the issue I used the example code provided with the SDK which migabriel already posted.

AkaNe0
Level 10
Thanks. I am reporting the issue to our team.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Hi is there any update to this? I have been waiting for a solution to this issue. Whenever I call GetMBColor it only returns white

omaryunus wrote:
Hi is there any update to this? I have been waiting for a solution to this issue. Whenever I call GetMBColor it only returns white

Would also really like a solution to this.