cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb 3.0 is crap on this motherboard

masterac
Level 8
you can read my test i did with some webcam on the board.

following this i thought that the issue was because the webcam take too much bandwidth...but it seem thats not the case, the main issue are usb port of the motherboard, the one for the keybot and bios flash that seem to have really low bandwidth since i couldnt make the webcam work with them

i just connected my STREAM deck on the flashback, and i could see my deck flashing like it couldnt start and show me my icone, so i plug it into the first row of usb and...magic it work.

so if you have any issue with those port i would like to know, otherwise something is wrong here.

something i spoted back when i was trying my brio is that in the peripheral it was not under audio video and game, but in controler usb bus... and since i moved it now its the 930e that appear there

my c930e is plug in the port above the keybot, why is it there ?

can someone please do the same so i can see there controler for usb ?

also the 5 bottom usb use the microsoft 2006 driver, is it normal ?
7 REPLIES 7

masterac
Level 8
also 4 usb port give me a limited connexion , and the internal usb 2.0 give me the same...what the hell is wrong with this motherboard

edit :
nevermind, its just a stupid check box that has to be check for obscure reason being connected with Ethernet cable doesn't turn on this

What check box?

St4v0 wrote:
What check box?

also can you confirm the date of the driver you got for your usb port ?

seem weird for me to see driver from 2006 when i dont have anything that plug in a usb 2.

i do have peripheral that don't requiere an usb 3.0 port so i am curious if this is the case

here is the complete list of my peripheral and the type of connection they requier

--------------------------------------back of motherboard

stream deck > attached cable to it, work with usb 2.0

yamaha mg12xu > cable not attached to it, need a usb 2.0 type B cable on it, so its a usb 2.0 cable that is used

razer black widow chroma stealth > attached cable to it, work with usb 2.0

logitech c920 > attached cable to it, work with usb 2.0

logitech brio > cable not attached to it, work with type c , can work with usb 2.0 but limit the video to 1080p 30 fps if its the case.

logitech brio > cable not attached to it, work with type c , can work with usb 2.0 but limit the video to 1080p 30 fps if its the case.

logitech c930e > attached cable to it, work with usb 2.0, certified to work usb 3.0, i guess you get more video option but never check difference if on usb 2.0

hub usb > cable not attached to it, work with a usb 3.1 micro B cable, usb 3.0 on the other side of the cable

--------------------------------------using internal connector to connect to i/o

logitech mx master > cable not attached to it, work with a key in a usb port, but also can work using bluetooth

-------------------------------------

i plug my keyboard on the motherboard KEYBOT usb port, the next to it BIOS ther is nothing in since when i tried to put in my streamdeck, the screen had only the logo of elgato that flickered, like it new it was connected to a port to received a bit of energy, but not enough bandwidth to actually connect to pc and retrieve setting

masterac wrote:
also can you confirm the date of the driver you got for your usb port ?

seem weird for me to see driver from 2006 when i dont have anything that plug in a usb 2.

All USB ports drivers are dated 2017 bar USB Composite Device (x2) and USB Mass Storage Device which are dated 2006 on my system, but driver versions for all are listed as 10.0.16299.15.

The date isn't what you need to be looking at the version is, if no specific update is required for a device it will keep the date of the last specific update through version revision numbers.

Hope that helps.

masterac
Level 8
on win10

setting > peripheral > then you see a list of all the peripheral plug to your pc, but before the list refresh you should see a check box at the top of the page thats going to end up at the bottom once all the peripheral have been listed.

it say ( translate from french here ) download from limited connexion.

it seem by checking it you allow win10 to check online for good setting for those, again its stupid when you install windows on a tower than this box isn't checked by default

masterac wrote:
on win10

setting > peripheral > then you see a list of all the peripheral plug to your pc, but before the list refresh you should see a check box at the top of the page thats going to end up at the bottom once all the peripheral have been listed.

it say ( translate from french here ) download from limited connexion.

it seem by checking it you allow win10 to check online for good setting for those, again its stupid when you install windows on a tower than this box isn't checked by default

Hi, I don't have that board, but I have Windows 10 x64 and the checkbox that you mean is for timed connections. That means, if you have a timed connection (A typical clock is "100/10 Kbytes". This means that you will be charged 100K per connection for each connection. Any volume beyond that will be billed in increments of 10 kbytes.) and not a flatrate, you can check the Box and Windows 10 is not downloading driver, software and app updates to save your money. I mean, if you read the text under the box you should understand that.

When I look at your screenshot I see that you are using the Microsoft drivers for usb. Again, I don't have that board and I don't know if you are using the right drivers but have you installed the Chipset drivers from the Mainboard support page? Link
All drivers for USB must ne in there.

masterac
Level 8
200 view and no one had the time to look at their peripheral status ? comon guy, it take 10 second, 20 if you are a 80 year old, comon !!!!