Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kastoi View Post
    Hello
    I just tried as my battery was empty... And indeed, I also have the same problem when waking up from hibernation.
    Maybe I will try to reinstal bios one day, or wait for a new one.
    Now I am facing the issue with sleep as well. Fast boot and secure boot both are off. Do you face it in sleep mode as well or just hibernation? I formatted the ssd and reinstalled windows and other drivers. The issue still exists.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kastoi View Post
    Hello
    I just tried as my battery was empty... And indeed, I also have the same problem when waking up from hibernation.
    Maybe I will try to reinstal bios one day, or wait for a new one.
    The problem appears to be solved now. It automatically fixed the issue don't know how. Probably new Nvidia drivers are more stable or may be a windows update fixed it. Either way, now I have no issues with hibernation, sleep or shut down.

New ROGer Array

Thumbs up Boot Freeze on ASUS Logo

I currently have the GL502VMZ variant and have to agree, there must be a problem with the latest BIOS released from ASUS. I thought it was the NVMe Samsung SSD I was using, but it isn't, they replaced it for me.

After dealing with ASUS support a few weeks back, I could no longer work on this myself-there was too much time wasted and no one wanted to help me. This problem started to show itself on boot with the new 1TB NVMe drive on WIndows 10. I'll have to see if this Fast Startup power setting helps.

The only way I found is the hold the power button and try it again, it will usually boot the 2nd time.

Moderator Array

Hello qwetym0nk,
    We have only test SATA 3 SSD on this model, maximum capacity is 512GB.
    We can not guarantee the compatibility and performance of NVMe interface and 1TB.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

ASUS Boot Logo Freeze Fix for Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ASUS View Post
    Hello qwetym0nk,
    We have only test SATA 3 SSD on this model, maximum capacity is 512GB.
    We can not guarantee the compatibility and performance of NVMe interface and 1TB.
    Thank you.
    Hi Blake,

After testing out the recommended fix on this post, I was able to confirm that it was indeed the reason why the ASUS boot logo was freezing. After turning it off, the boot no longer freezes. I still have Fast Boot enabled in the BIOS, so this was a Windows related problem that has plagued me and my work for a few weeks; I would add this fix suggestion to the documentation located here: https://www.asus.com/me-en/support/FAQ/1042613/# and maybe forward this issue to the engineering team developing the BIOS for this model so they can add support for it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windows-10-fast-startup.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	85759

As far as I am aware, NVMe is supported according to the product e-manual, see here: https://mega.nz/file/vUYX0QBK#eCmGVL...WJAx7mAsDPU6Xs
    Last edited by qwertym0nk; 07-29-2020 at 02:28 AM. Reason: PDF Link Updated

Moderator Array

Hello qwetym0nk,
    Thank you for your feedback.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2