cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal USB2.0 (USB15) not working with Corsair Hydro?

Chrome_N
Level 9
Hey guys,

Today, I ran into a puzzling problem. I installed a new Corsair Hydro H115i AiO cooling system in my CH6E, connected everything and it runs fine except that the Corsair Link software does not see the pump when connecting it to the internal USB2.0 (which is that shared USB15) post.
When I use another USB cable and connect the pump to an external USB, the device is recognized by Windows device manager and Corsair Link works. As soon as I plug the pump to the single(!) USB connector, Windows does not see the pump anymore.

I suspect it may be either a faulty cable or the USB15 is not working the way it should (I set it to USB in the BIOS).

Any experience or ideas on your side?

Cheers you lot!
18 REPLIES 18

Big_Gray
Level 8
Chrome_N wrote:
Hey guys,

Today, I ran into a puzzling problem. I installed a new Corsair Hydro H115i AiO cooling system in my CH6E, connected everything and it runs fine except that the Corsair Link software does not see the pump when connecting it to the internal USB2.0 (which is that shared USB15) post.
When I use another USB cable and connect the pump to an external USB, the device is recognized by Windows device manager and Corsair Link works. As soon as I plug the pump to the single(!) USB connector, Windows does not see the pump anymore.

I suspect it may be either a faulty cable or the USB15 is not working the way it should (I set it to USB in the BIOS).

Any experience or ideas on your side?

Cheers you lot!

I have the same AIO on my CH6. Same USB header, everything is ok. I did not make any changes in the BIOS.

Corsair Link software can be troublesome. Did you checkout their forum:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=155

I would start out by verifying if the cable is faulty. I'm fairly sure the corsair AIOs are mini USB, although have never owned one. Try plug some other device into this. The other option would be to check if the header is faulty with a different device that plugs into an internal header.

unknownmiscreant wrote:
I would start out by verifying if the cable is faulty. I'm fairly sure the corsair AIOs are mini USB, although have never owned one. Try plug some other device into this. The other option would be to check if the header is faulty with a different device that plugs into an internal header.

Thanks for this hint - I will try this (have to find some old cables which use the jumer post. Not so easy nowadays, all the museum equipment has disappeared over the years 🙂

A quick response that may help you...as I have always had intermittant problems like others with the USB cable for the corsair AIOs. Over at the corsair forums the fix that was posted and always worked when it would not detect the AIO or stopped detecting was to power off the PC, and disconnect the cable from the actual cooler and leave the pc powered off for at least 5 minutes. It has something to do with the controllers inside the cooler. Plug it back in and then restart.

This issue occurs on both Intel and AMD boards. FYI the pump is running you just can't monitor it until you get it detected. Also make sure you install the link software. You can then set link not to start up and also set you profile and store it to the AIO controller.

TaijRai wrote:
A quick response that may help you...as I have always had intermittant problems like others with the USB cable for the corsair AIOs. Over at the corsair forums the fix that was posted and always worked when it would not detect the AIO or stopped detecting was to power off the PC, and disconnect the cable from the actual cooler and leave the pc powered off for at least 5 minutes. It has something to do with the controllers inside the cooler. Plug it back in and then restart.

This issue occurs on both Intel and AMD boards. FYI the pump is running you just can't monitor it until you get it detected. Also make sure you install the link software. You can then set link not to start up and also set you profile and store it to the AIO controller.

Thanks fpr this hint . Unfortunately, this did not do the trick 😞 The Link software to control the pump works well when connected to an external USB port. I am trying to find a replacement cable.

Chrome_N wrote:
Thanks fpr this hint . Unfortunately, this did not do the trick 😞 The Link software to control the pump works well when connected to an external USB port. I am trying to find a replacement cable.

Then I would think it is your first issue. Incidentally I woke up this morning and my H110i GT is not being detected again. Had to power cycle and unplug it. Hope you get that sorted out. Either the cable or you usb header or a bios setting.

Just keep in mind, the other intermittent problem.

Chrome_N wrote:

Can you post a link to the cable when you find it? TYVMIA

specialedge wrote:
Can you post a link to the cable when you find it? TYVMIA

I found this one http://www.delock.com/produkte/773_USB-2-0-pin-header/83170/merkmale.html (Delock Cable USB 2.0 pin header female 5 pin > USB 2.0 Type Mini-B male 30 cm)
I will keep you updated if this did the trick

Is this the type of behavior you've been experiencing?

Seems like what Taij was saying, that something is shorting out and you have to let it dissipate.... In this clip the PC has been sitting in the cool room for about 5 min before powering up the PSU and then the system. The Corsair logo, which I was suprised to learn the other night was an LED, lights up, turns red, and begins a rapid flashing as it fades and dies.

Clip here: (careful, as of this posting the video is still being processed, post-upload. IANAYT'er)
https://youtu.be/Lm93K7Ssv6I

I can still plug my 4 fan/2 y-splitter assembly into the CPU/CPU_OPT ports which keeps the CPU cool, but it sucks running a crippled system made up of the same manufacturer's parts.