cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury and Aura Sync

namoi
Level 8
Ok, i am a long time lurker with Aura features, bugs and limitations so i won't begin to cry.

The fact is i bought a gladius 2 for the sole purpose of having it to sync with Aura.
It.... Works... If you are not too much ocd as there is no way in aura to tweak the lighting zone, but ok i can live with this.

What i can't live with is the fact that if mouse sync is enabled in aura, armoury won't start at startup AND won't load the mouse profile.

I just can't believe such a flaw could even pass QC but reading this forum show me how much software development teams at asus seem to work in their corners without any kind of coordination...

I just have a simple question though :

Is there a way to postpone asus lighting service (aura) to run before Armoury so it would allow it to load the mouse profile before being "killed" by Aura.

For now i have AT EACH STARTUPS to unsync the mouse, launch Armoury, then relaunch Aura and re sync the mouse.

Come on, that is just unacceptable. You are very good at marketing, your hardware is great but there is a LOT to improve in the software department.

Thanks for any insight for solving this "issue".

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
25 REPLIES 25

AkaNe0
Level 10
namoi wrote:
Ok, i am a long time lurker with Aura features, bugs and limitations so i won't begin to cry.

The fact is i bought a gladius 2 for the sole purpose of having it to sync with Aura.
It.... Works... If you are not too much ocd as there is no way in aura to tweak the lighting zone, but ok i can live with this.

What i can't live with is the fact that if mouse sync is enabled in aura, armoury won't start at startup AND won't load the mouse profile.

I just can't believe such a flaw could even pass QC but reading this forum show me how much software development teams at asus seem to work in their corners without any kind of coordination...

I just have a simple question though :

Is there a way to postpone asus lighting service (aura) to run before Armoury so it would allow it to load the mouse profile before being "killed" by Aura.

For now i have AT EACH STARTUPS to unsync the mouse, launch Armoury, then relaunch Aura and re sync the mouse.

Come on, that is just unacceptable. You are very good at marketing, your hardware is great but there is a LOT to improve in the software department.

Thanks for any insight for solving this "issue".

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your insight namoi. We are aware of this and try to find a long term solution.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Thanks for your insight namoi. We are aware of this and try to find a long term solution.

Well, Is it on the top of their todo list because it is a serious flaw ? Any ETA ?
I was on the verge to buy the claymore but i will definitely wait.

I also wonder why Rog Armoury doesn't work as a background service. At startup it pops up but it should imho just load the profile in the background and it shouldn't clutter the tray afterward with an icon that provides only a way to open or close it... that is a waste of space for nothing.

But to the subject. I give you a simple hint or let say a workaround that could maybe be implemented in the next Aura release :

Just postpone the LightinService.exe at startup. That could be done by the user but it should be implemented in the meantime as Armoury isn't compatible yet.

Run Services.msc, locate LighingService, right click it, then properties. Here set "startup type" to automatic (delayed).

On my PC it gives enough time for Armoury to run and apply the mouse settings before Aura kicks in (on others maybe the delay won't be enough, i don't know)
Of course in the meantime the lighting and syncing won't be set up but it is a fare trade I think.

AkaNe0 wrote:

More than four months have passed, and the problem still exists!:mad:

YesTest wrote:
More than four months have passed, and the problem still exists!:mad:
Indeed...

up.

I still have this problem..

YesTest wrote:
I still have this problem..

To be more precise, unsync any peripherals before opening Armoury (not just close the Aura software). Both Aura and Armoury can run if the control of peripherals is given to Armoury, the issue is allowing two apps control the same thing at the same time.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
To be more precise, unsync any peripherals before opening Armoury (not just close the Aura software). Both Aura and Armoury can run if the control of peripherals is given to Armoury, the issue is allowing two apps control the same thing at the same time.

I disabled AURA SYNC and rebooted the computer. It did not help(

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is no need to turn Aura off completely, just unsync your keyboard and mouse by clicking on their sync buttons, as shown below: