cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it safe to buy the Centurion 7.1 now?

MightyRan
Level 7
If i buy it from amazon now, will i still get the horrendous microphone version?
31 REPLIES 31

Guyvergamingtv
Level 7
it is pot luck atm, not sure how many of the new headsets have reached the retailers, it all depends on how fast the retailer sell them i suppose. they wont be replacing existing stocks held im guessing.

bullet89
Level 7
MightyRan wrote:
If i buy it from amazon now, will i still get the horrendous microphone version?

Yesterday I bought new centurion( after one year strix 7.1 using and reloading bug, asus returned money) . Sound in headset is amazing for me(you hear everything in games). If you wan't true 7.1 without sound card and not afraiding that your voice will be like you are sitting in bunker, you should buy it.

p.s I hope centurion will'nt reload like strix 7.1, after one-two week using.

just for the record... i've bought the centurion 7.1 from amazon yesterday and they arrived today.

I was lucky, they have serial number starting with H8 and the mic is okay!

This is good news indeed.

Did you purchase straight from Amazon or from a 3rd party?

Guyvergamingtv
Level 7
so as far as iv been told by asus any headset from H6 on wards should have the revised mic, my new one is H6 is a marked improvement. so hopefully rest of the problems left with customers can be resolved soon.

May I ask you guys that actually have it,
How does it sound / working ?
Are you happy with it ?

I ask because I am very interested in this.

bobbagels wrote:
May I ask you guys that actually have it,
How does it sound / working ?
Are you happy with it ?

I ask because I am very interested in this.

After some tweaking of the EQ and other setting I actually really like the audio quality through the headset. Having had my headset replaced (and a little more tweaking) I've not had any complaints about the quality of the mic. I have my PC in the living room where more often than not there is a 2 year old causing chaos plus a TV and the Mic manages to cut a massive amount of this extra noise out. In the last week I was on Discord with my brother, he thought that my wife and daughter were out somewhere because he couldn't hear either of them or the TV. Awesome because this is exactly what I wanted.

All the hassle I've had trying to get it sorted seems to have been well worth it in the end.

Shevvie wrote:
After some tweaking of the EQ and other setting I actually really like the audio quality through the headset. Having had my headset replaced (and a little more tweaking) I've not had any complaints about the quality of the mic. I have my PC in the living room where more often than not there is a 2 year old causing chaos plus a TV and the Mic manages to cut a massive amount of this extra noise out. In the last week I was on Discord with my brother, he thought that my wife and daughter were out somewhere because he couldn't hear either of them or the TV. Awesome because this is exactly what I wanted.

All the hassle I've had trying to get it sorted seems to have been well worth it in the end.

Really glad it all worked out in the end! Appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience.

Guyvergamingtv wrote:
so as far as iv been told by asus any headset from H6 on wards should have the revised mic, my new one is H6 is a marked improvement. so hopefully rest of the problems left with customers can be resolved soon.

Just check the serial number on the box if possible to make sure it starts with H8, H9, H10... (the number corresponds to the manufactured month). Stores are not likely to have any more stock manufactured before August on shelf.

Those who received a replacement have the serial number beginning with H6.