Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Starcommand View Post
    I would not recomend them, the sound is very low, mic may be bad, subwoofer may not work even after replacement for bad mic. Looks like moneys cannot buy the quality anymore nowdays
    They are working for solutions on having the Subwoofer enabled for stereo mode i believe. The Newer replaced headsets have a new mic so the mic issues have been resolves just check tour serial number and for the general sound there is a post on this forum which tells you how to boost sound by editing the profile. IF you want more control, download PEACEUI equalizer for equalizerapo, allows you to edit frequencies and DB for each channel aswell as upmix your stereo channel to use all drivers.
    The headset sounds amazing once you have that subwoofer working, trust me.

ROG Enthusiast Array Shanester PC Specs
    Shanester PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS EXTREME / ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
    Processori9-9900K / i9-7900X

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Shanester View Post
    I just purchased another Centurion headset from Amazon. My first purchase was in July so I'll be able to compare both. I'll let you know what version I get.
    Headset has arrived and I've been testing and updating firmware. SN starts with GAY. lol
    Anyway, same issues as before. Back to AMAZON she goes.

New ROGer Array

Exclamation

Headset has arrived and I've been testing and updating firmware. SN starts with GAY. lol
    Anyway, same issues as before. Back to AMAZON she goes.
    Are you reading the serial number from the left side of the headphones and NOT the one on the audio hub, i made this mistake. Also, what issues are you having?

Shanester PC Specs

Quote Originally Posted by XtraArrow View Post
    Are you reading the serial number from the left side of the headphones and NOT the one on the audio hub, i made this mistake. Also, what issues are you having?
    Whoops! I was using the SN on the side of the box.

SN on the side of the headphones starts with GCYHBP

SN on the audio hub is 957624-00324-YH00J0-B01

Issues are the same as my last model. Horrible mic.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Please note that when checking to see if you need a replacement, look at the serial number on the side of the box.

The first character indicates the year it was manufactured: G=2016, H=2017...

The second one indicates the month, 1=Jan, 2=Feb.... A=Oct, B=Nov, C=Dec.

e.g. GA means it was manufactured in October, 2016, and therefore it needs to be replaced.

All stock manufactured before August, 2017 (H8) needs to be replaced. Only the headset, nothing else needs to be sent back.

Shanester PC Specs

Sent it back to AMAZON....waited a few weeks and just reordered. BOOM I've got a H9. I'll be testing out tonight!!!!

Sent it back to AMAZON....waited a few weeks and just reordered. BOOM I've got a H9. I'll be testing out tonight!!!!
    That's great, H9 is the revised version. We have a beta firmware available for download, if interested join the discussion and provide some feedback:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ge4#post702780

Thanks!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I thought I'd share my positive experience too.

I bought my original set from overclockers UK and they were H3. Initial they were great (minus the mic) however after a few months, both side channels and the rear left channel stopped working.

I was a bit upset due to all the years of owning ASUS products with no issue. However I spoke to MasterC and he advised me to contact Overclockers.

They tested and within 2 weeks I had my shiny new H9 replacement. The headset just is amazing with the new firmware, I hear everything and so many suckers die in PUBG due to me hearing them.

Just want to credit both ASUS and OverclockersUK for the fast turnover. It's resparked my drive for gaming,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikev190 View Post
    I thought I'd share my positive experience too.

I bought my original set from overclockers UK and they were H3. Initial they were great (minus the mic) however after a few months, both side channels and the rear left channel stopped working.

I was a bit upset due to all the years of owning ASUS products with no issue. However I spoke to MasterC and he advised me to contact Overclockers.

They tested and within 2 weeks I had my shiny new H9 replacement. The headset just is amazing with the new firmware, I hear everything and so many suckers die in PUBG due to me hearing them.

Just want to credit both ASUS and OverclockersUK for the fast turnover. It's resparked my drive for gaming,

Thanks
    Appreciate you coming back to share positive feedback, enjoy your new headset!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Please note that when checking to see if you need a replacement, look at the serial number on the side of the box.

The first character indicates the year it was manufactured: G=2016, H=2017...

The second one indicates the month, 1=Jan, 2=Feb.... A=Oct, B=Nov, C=Dec.

e.g. GA means it was manufactured in October, 2016, and therefore it needs to be replaced.

All stock manufactured before August, 2017 (H8) needs to be replaced. Only the headset, nothing else needs to be sent back.
    the serial number on the side of box is J1YHCM00xxxx there is no H

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast