cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apex Aquantia_5G

Spoonie
Level 7
Hi,

I've just recently purchased the Apex z370 board, and I have my Ethernet cable plugged into the Aquantia port, but every time windows starts it fails to assign a ip address. I've never had this drama before with previous boards, I've tried to troubleshoot a few different things, but the problem seems to persist. Has anyone else had this issue - should I just use the Intel LAN port?

thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Raja
Level 13
I'm using the latest driver from the support page , with UEFI build 0802, and Windows 10 64-bit and there are no issues with the controller requesting an IP address from the router. I've even AC power cycled the system, and it still didn't have a problem. Can you confirm the system config, please?

Raja@ASUS wrote:
I'm using the latest driver from the support page , with UEFI build 0802, and Windows 10 64-bit and there are no issues with the controller requesting an IP address from the router. I've even AC power cycled the system, and it still didn't have a problem. Can you confirm the system config, please?

I'm using those drivers, UEFI 0802 and Windows 10 64bit also. Could it be conflicting with the Intel drivers? OR possible windows problem. Short of using the Intel Lan port, I'm not sure what else I can do. This is obviously a clean windows install, and when I install the drivers for the motherboard, I installed both the intel and Aquantia drivers - should this be case?

Raja
Level 13
I have both drivers installed also. No issues with that config here.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Both drivers installed and both ports work without issue here as well.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Are you using a router or switch that supports 5G connections?
What router are you using? What cable?
If its a 1GB router/switch there is no gain with a 5G connection.

BUFFALO BS-MP2008 is an OK economy switch, just dont count on the trunking aspect.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX4H997/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Or a move up in class to a switch that actually works front to back. I just upgraded my network

Netgear Nighthawk X10 not for the wireless AD but because of the 10GB SP+ port
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M12RE4A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And NetGear prosafe XS708T-100NES 10GBBe switch.

This allows me to connect my Aquantia 10G NIC via cat7 to the switch, 4x1GB aggregated connections to my NAS also on the switch then the 10GB SP+ fiber connection from router to switch. Then everything else connecting either wireless AC or the 1GB ethernet ports on the router.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein