cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i run sli and duak M2 ssd on the Crosshair VI Extreme?

DrDiezel
Level 7
Hello

Just build a new system containing: Rysen 1800x, 2x Samsung 950Pro M2, have 2 geforce 980 since earlier

Bios only show 1 gpu, though i have 2, but Windows seems to find both cards, im a little confused over which Pcies that will be disabled in certain configurations
I have the GPUs in Pcie:x16/x8_1 and Pciex8_2, and obviously the 2 M2:s in the M2 slots
4 REPLIES 4

jbasemoine
Level 9
Only got 1 M2 slot!

What do you mean? the board has 2 m2 slots...or do you mean one gets disabled with 2 GPUs?

sallyboy13
Level 7
DrDiezel wrote:
Hello

Just build a new system containing: Rysen 1800x, 2x Samsung 950Pro M2, have 2 geforce 980 since earlier

Bios only show 1 gpu, though i have 2, but Windows seems to find both cards, im a little confused over which Pcies that will be disabled in certain configurations
I have the GPUs in Pcie:x16/x8_1 and Pciex8_2, and obviously the 2 M2:s in the M2 slots

were you able to get the answer to this? I was just trying to upgrade to a second m.2 while the prices were coming down.*

SaLSouL
Level 10
Once you populate the 2nd GPU slot you cannot run 2 m2s as they share bandwidth, check user manual here: >> https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_CROSSHAIR-VI-EXTREME/E13863_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VI_EXT...
* The PCIEX8_2 slot shares bandwidth with M.2_2