cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6E Wierd Booting

Georgia
Level 7
Hi All.
Is this a bios issue? sometimes when i boot my PC the red cpu light stay's on and i get a debug code 00,
when i reboot the second time the bios post normal until it gets to the VGA part when i get the beeps and the light stays white.
The PC will continue to boot normal into windows but the VGA light stay's on,and there are no debug codes showing any errors,
and PC runs fine.
This does not happen all the time mainly only on the first boot up of the day if i reboot the PC again everything boots fine and runs,
great without issue.
Any ideas? appreciate any help Thanks.
24 REPLIES 24

Hopper64
Level 15
Any OC on your CPU? 128g of memory is a lot. Is that one kit? The IMC on the chip may not be stable and may need to be tweaked some?
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64
Level 15
If you are combining 2 64G kits of memory, that may be the problem. Is there a single DP kit from Corsair @ 3466 with a total of 128G?
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
If you are combining 2 64G kits of memory, that may be the problem. Is there a single DP kit from Corsair @ 3466 with a total of 128G?

Thanks for your response Hopper64.
All settings are default no overclock, Ram is 2 x 64GB kits as i could not purchase a,
single 128GB kit. Ram runs with xmp profile without issue,also manually set to 3466 runs without issue.
If i run only 1 set of the kit 64Gb i still the random boot issue.

Georgia
Level 7
I have run Intel Burntest with full memory maxed out 128gb and it reports no errors,
also ran realbench and cinebench and everything passes fine no errors,pc never crashes
in windows enviroment or when doing any long extended gaming sessions.
It only seems to be a boot issue.
Also ran this same kit on my Rampage 5 Edition 10 with my 6900k and never had any boot issues,
or crashing, hope this info helps a little more.

Hopper64
Level 15
But if you are running XMP then it is an OC. You may need to run one kit of 64G and tweak your voltages some. Shamino, Raja, Chino and Praz are all gurus in this area. They will chime in at some point to help you tweak the Uncore voltage in the bios. Mine was an issue only during post.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97125-Corsair-CMD32GX4M4B3600C16-with-R6E

Hopper64 wrote:
But if you are running XMP then it is an OC. You may need to run one kit of 64G and tweak your voltages some. Shamino, Raja, Chino and Praz are all gurus in this area. They will chime in at some point to help you tweak the Uncore voltage in the bios. Mine was an issue only during post.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97125-Corsair-CMD32GX4M4B3600C16-with-R6E

Thanks for your help Hopper64 much appreciated.
What i meant is when I overclock the ram be it with XMP profile or manual overclock the pc once booted shows no issues.
Hopefully one of the gurus can help me.

Shamino
can you try unplugging the DP/HDMI cable before powering on? it sounds a lil like current leaking into mobo from monitor due to the cable

Shamino wrote:
can you try unplugging the DP/HDMI cable before powering on? it sounds a lil like current leaking into mobo from monitor due to the cable

Hi Shamino; I unplugged the monitor leads as you asked ,and after rebooting a half dozen times,
it appears to be booting normal so far,I have swapped out the lead and replaced it with a new one.Thanks so much for your help much appreciated.
Will post back if boot issue returns. Cheers.

Sorry Shamino i spoke to soon
A few more reboots and problem is still there,seems to have a bit of a pattern!.
If i get a code 00 red light with 1st boot and reboot the PC i get VGA white light stays on even after,
PC has booted into windows and i get no Qcodes or errors.
3rd boot PC boots with no issues and goes into windows with no errors everythings fine.
If i unplug all monitor leads and boot PC issues do not go away still get all issues and the ,
VGA white light stays permanently even in windows but PC works fine.
Swapping out the DP/HDMI leads with new ones didn't seem to help.