Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Got a strange audio hiss issue while installing 6.0.1.8383 over the 6.0.1.8356 to get the manager, reverted back to the 6.0.1.8356 and its working right finally.

Got pissed about mic noise problems on the Asus supplied driver, have not got a realtek manager on the R2.82 driver from realtek website.. Now here is the solution.
    You're da man OP

upd. Is there any way to get the mic noise suppression option back at any of those versions? I believe it was avaliable on the realtek's R2.81 driver.
    Last edited by datspike; 03-15-2018 at 08:07 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

patchnotes would be nice. And in Headline: ADUIO to AUDIO ^.^
    Mainboard:ASUS +6H
    GPU: GTX 1080 Auros Gigabyte
    CPU: R5 1600X stock
    PSU: Be quiet straight power 10 500W
    RAM: Trident Z DDR4 3600 @3,2 Ghz CL16

Thank you!!!

I've been using unlocked drivers from the Techpowerup forums for years since there was no DTS Interactive/DDL support in any of their official drivers for my Z97 Deluxe on Win10. I finally ran into an issue I couldn't avoid... My first AAA game, Far Cry 5, that won't start because NOINTEGRITYCHECKS and NOINTEGRITYCHECKS were both turned off on my gaming rig ..due to it's new anti-cheating subsystem. I searched online, there's at least one other game that also checks for this.

Luckily, I stumbled upon your forum thread. After uninstalling my old unlocked audio driver, rebooted, and installing the latest Asus Realtek driver in the Microsoft Catalog (listed in the OP of this forum thread), whalaa! I no longer needed NOINTEGRITYCHECKS and NOINTEGRITYCHECKS to be turned off or disabling Protected Audio in the registry.

I would gladly donate for Lord Chunks to mainain a working list of the latest signed Asus/Realtek audio drivers which include DTSi/DDL (and Dolby Prologic II processing for stereo sources).

Thank you so much Lord Chunks!

MKANET

ROG Member Array rubenalamina PC Specs
    rubenalamina PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP Envy 13
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E
    ProcessorCore i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 970 Strix
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorAcer Predator XB1271HU - LG 27EA33
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    Storage #22TB+3TB HDDs
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S TG
    Power SupplyCooler Master Silent Pro M 850w
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset V-MODA Crossfade LP
    Mouse Pad Steel Series
    Headset/Speakers Sony Home Theater 5.1
    OS Windows 10

Is there a way to have Sonic Studio with the latest Microsoft Update Catalog drivers listed in the OP? I ask because I'd like to use the sound or microphone enhancements while still being able to have DDL/DTS.

There are setups for Sonic Studio in the ASUS audio drivers from their website but I don't know if they will work with more recent drivers. Anyone tried running that setup from inside the audio driver file?

Thanks. I'll post back in case I can try it.

Please let us know about Sonic Studio. The only processing I use currently is the builtin driver EQ, sound normalization, and Dolby Prologic for stereo sources.

ROG Member Array rubenalamina PC Specs
    rubenalamina PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP Envy 13
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E
    ProcessorCore i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 970 Strix
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorAcer Predator XB1271HU - LG 27EA33
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    Storage #22TB+3TB HDDs
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S TG
    Power SupplyCooler Master Silent Pro M 850w
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset V-MODA Crossfade LP
    Mouse Pad Steel Series
    Headset/Speakers Sony Home Theater 5.1
    OS Windows 10

I installed the latest driver but I got issues with Windows. The new audio devices settings in the April update couldn't be selected and the settings window just closed itself every time I tried to access it.

I'm downloading the latest version of Realtek drivers with a patched file to see if it works better. I'll post back whenever I have this working on my Z370-E or not.
    Last edited by rubenalamina; 05-27-2018 at 04:46 AM.

I could be mistaken, but, I think you first need to install the driver from the Microsoft catalog download (further down the list of links); which contains the asus installer needed. You also wont need to use an unsigned driver or make a registry settings change. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by rubenalamina View Post
    I installed the latest driver but I got issues with Windows. The new audio devices settings in the April update couldn't be selected and the settings window just closed itself every time I tried to access it.

I'm downloading the latest version of Realtek drivers with a patched file to see if it works better. I'll post back whenever I have this working on my Z270-E or not.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
    I could be mistaken, but, I think you first need to install the driver from the Microsoft catalog download (further down the list of links); which contains the asus installer needed. You also wont need to use an unsigned driver or make a registry settings change. Good luck.
    Yea, I am trying to figure this out now too. This whole process is opaque as hell. Never really explained.

Summary: TL; DR, there seems to be 3 options-

The cracked OEM Driver here, where newest is at the top

A cracked version on tech power up that also includes other software- (Some sound blaster stuff)
    https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...93148/page-109
    - really confusing there too- 112 pages of banter to pick through. Its always hard. Start at the end and go backwards- nothing makes sense but you dont miss the critical update on page 49. Or at the beginning, and understand, but be 4 years behind.

Theres also a replace patch that seems to replace 2 files in the system directory. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t.../post-3808011\

So, I haven't figured out differences yet, or even if it makes sense for me to do this. I don't use digital output. I don't have any headphones yet that are worthy.

Several of those guys link over here.

It turns out its not as complicated as it first looks. At least, if you're interested in DTSi, DDL, and also Dolby Theater process for stereo sources. There's no weird hacking necessary of unsigned drivers. It just works the way it was meant to. Just use the Microsoft Catalog driver at the bottom cleanly (installing the Asus setup first). It's the latest WHQL'ed Microsoft driver shipped with the latest Windows update.

If you want to add the extra software suite (which IMO just bloats your system), then you'll have to go through hoops to use the hacked experimental drivers and change your OS boot options to support unsigned drivers.

Anyway, good luck in whatever you end up doing. Im just glad we have this forum thread as a resource. It saved me from having to waste my money on another sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by a.l.timmons View Post
    Yea, I am trying to figure this out now too. This whole process is opaque as hell. Never really explained.

Summary: TL; DR, there seems to be 3 options-

The cracked OEM Driver here, where newest is at the top

A cracked version on tech power up that also includes other software- (Some sound blaster stuff)
    https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...93148/page-109
    - really confusing there too- 112 pages of banter to pick through. Its always hard. Start at the end and go backwards- nothing makes sense but you dont miss the critical update on page 49. Or at the beginning, and understand, but be 4 years behind.

Theres also a replace patch that seems to replace 2 files in the system directory. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t.../post-3808011\

So, I haven't figured out differences yet, or even if it makes sense for me to do this. I don't use digital output. I don't have any headphones yet that are worthy.

Several of those guys link over here.

ROG Junior Member Array

any new updates on the latest driver? much appreciated

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast