Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Member Array

Ooh this is a good find. May I ask, which latest driver works with Sonic Studio? Thank you so much

ROG Junior Member Array

Arrgh. Been pulling my hair out the last few days with all the hacked driver malarley and hoped that this thread was my salvation.

I've an Asus Z170-A mobo running windows 10 April update. I recently bought a new Receiver for the livingroom Home theater which freed up an old Sony DB930 Receiver for my PC/VR room. I bought myself a lovely KEF E305 (Eggs) 5.1 Speaker system. My intention was for the Realtek Integrated audio chipset on my mobo to do all the encoding/decoding work and feed the old Sony Receiver the 5.1 channel analogue signal, effeectively only using the Receivers Amplification and not using its old Dolby Digital or Pro Logic 1 decoder over optical/Toslink. The latest HD audio formats like Dolby TrueHD and ATMOS are only possible over the analogue outputs anyway. So I can play TrueHD etc movie soundtracks via Kodi and my Realtek 5.1 analogue outputs, through the 5.1 speaker inputs of my old receiver. Worked as expected. Great!! However I was frustrated to find that the Realtek drivers did not support Psuedo Multi-Channel like Dolby Pro Logic 2 for Stereo sources. Thats what sent me down the hacked drivers rabbit hole from which I only have just recovered. Nothin workedf needless to say.

I thought my salvation was here. Have deleted all evidence of the hacked drivers I installed the drivers here with Asussetup and then the latest MS catalogue drivers. My problem now is that while I have the Dolby Pro logic 2 tab when I tick the box the Apply button remains grey'd out and I cannot click it. Not only that but with these drivers I lost the Bass management tickbox on the Realtek app and while my subwoofer works when clicking the speaker icon test tones, when I play 2 channel audio content like a youtube vid, not only am I not getting Pro Logic 2 Psuedo Multichannel, I'm only getting Front left and Right Stereo 2.0 but my Subwoofer isn't outputting any sound either so I'm not even getting 2.1 nevermind 5.1.

Literally all I want from the realtek drivers that I didn't have as standard is Pro Logic 2 Psuedo Multichannel for stereo sources like music or 2 Channel Movie/TV Shows outputting over the Realteks analogue 5.1 outputs to my old receiver.

Can anyone help. I'm pulling my hair out at this stage!!

[EDIT] Sorted it myself....by reverting back to standard drivers. Turns out the included DTS NEO PC DTS Connect does exactly what I want and the reason it was having no effect on the sound was that I was using Youtube on Chrome. WHen I finally demo'd a stereo movie file on my PC all of a sudden I was getting sound coming from my Centre and rears. Then I tried the youtube music vids again but in Microsoft Edge browser this time and DTS Neo PC was working on that too with sound coming from all my speakers. So I knew it wasn't a problem with my realtek drivers nor with youtube but bloody Chrome!!!

Turns out there is a bug in Chrome that outputs a 5.1 flag even when the audio file playing in chrome is only stereo. What this flag does is tell DTS NEO PC that it need not do its Psuedo Surround thing because a genuine 5.1 file is playing....except of course its only 2.0 but the flag stops Neo PC. First results for a solution was to add --force-wave-audio to the Chrome shortcut target but then readf posts from people saying that Google had broken that method too with an update last year. Finally found a working fix.

Type chrome://flags/ into your chrome address bar. You get a page called experiments use at your own risk blah blah

In the Search Flags search bar enter: Causes audio output streams to check if channel layouts other than the default hardware layout are available.

Enable

(Causes audio output streams to check if channel layouts other than the default hardware layout are available. Turning this on will allow the OS to do stereo to surround expansion if supported. May expose third party driver bugs, use with caution. – Windows)

Thats it. DTS NEO PC now worked on youtube in chrome with Psuedo 5.1 coming from all my speakers. Thats all I ever bloody wanted and it was always available to me in the standard drivers all this time it just wouldn't work because of a bug in Bloody Chrome!!! Wasted days on this!!
    Last edited by Calibos; 08-08-2018 at 02:25 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Calibos View Post
    Arrgh. Been pulling my hair out the last few days with all the hacked driver malarley and hoped that this thread was my salvation.

I've an Asus Z170-A mobo running windows 10 April update. I recently bought a new Receiver for the livingroom Home theater which freed up an old Sony DB930 Receiver for my PC/VR room. I bought myself a lovely KEF E305 (Eggs) 5.1 Speaker system. My intention was for the Realtek Integrated audio chipset on my mobo to do all the encoding/decoding work and feed the old Sony Receiver the 5.1 channel analogue signal, effeectively only using the Receivers Amplification and not using its old Dolby Digital or Pro Logic 1 decoder over optical/Toslink. The latest HD audio formats like Dolby TrueHD and ATMOS are only possible over the analogue outputs anyway. So I can play TrueHD etc movie soundtracks via Kodi and my Realtek 5.1 analogue outputs, through the 5.1 speaker inputs of my old receiver. Worked as expected. Great!! However I was frustrated to find that the Realtek drivers did not support Psuedo Multi-Channel like Dolby Pro Logic 2 for Stereo sources. Thats what sent me down the hacked drivers rabbit hole from which I only have just recovered. Nothin workedf needless to say.

I thought my salvation was here. Have deleted all evidence of the hacked drivers I installed the drivers here with Asussetup and then the latest MS catalogue drivers. My problem now is that while I have the Dolby Pro logic 2 tab when I tick the box the Apply button remains grey'd out and I cannot click it. Not only that but with these drivers I lost the Bass management tickbox on the Realtek app and while my subwoofer works when clicking the speaker icon test tones, when I play 2 channel audio content like a youtube vid, not only am I not getting Pro Logic 2 Psuedo Multichannel, I'm only getting Front left and Right Stereo 2.0 but my Subwoofer isn't outputting any sound either so I'm not even getting 2.1 nevermind 5.1.

Literally all I want from the realtek drivers that I didn't have as standard is Pro Logic 2 Psuedo Multichannel for stereo sources like music or 2 Channel Movie/TV Shows outputting over the Realteks analogue 5.1 outputs to my old receiver.

Can anyone help. I'm pulling my hair out at this stage!!

[EDIT] Sorted it myself....by reverting back to standard drivers. Turns out the included DTS NEO PC DTS Connect does exactly what I want and the reason it was having no effect on the sound was that I was using Youtube on Chrome. WHen I finally demo'd a stereo movie file on my PC all of a sudden I was getting sound coming from my Centre and rears. Then I tried the youtube music vids again but in Microsoft Edge browser this time and DTS Neo PC was working on that too with sound coming from all my speakers. So I knew it wasn't a problem with my realtek drivers nor with youtube but bloody Chrome!!!

Turns out there is a bug in Chrome that outputs a 5.1 flag even when the audio file playing in chrome is only stereo. What this flag does is tell DTS NEO PC that it need not do its Psuedo Surround thing because a genuine 5.1 file is playing....except of course its only 2.0 but the flag stops Neo PC. First results for a solution was to add --force-wave-audio to the Chrome shortcut target but then readf posts from people saying that Google had broken that method too with an update last year. Finally found a working fix.

Type chrome://flags/ into your chrome address bar. You get a page called experiments use at your own risk blah blah

In the Search Flags search bar enter: Causes audio output streams to check if channel layouts other than the default hardware layout are available.

Enable

(Causes audio output streams to check if channel layouts other than the default hardware layout are available. Turning this on will allow the OS to do stereo to surround expansion if supported. May expose third party driver bugs, use with caution. – Windows)

Thats it. DTS NEO PC now worked on youtube in chrome with Psuedo 5.1 coming from all my speakers. Thats all I ever bloody wanted and it was always available to me in the standard drivers all this time it just wouldn't work because of a bug in Bloody Chrome!!! Wasted days on this!!
    Actually I suggest that you uninstall your Realtek Driver using Revo Uninstaller to get rid of all registry entries and turn back on digital signature enforcement on drivers if you are using Windows 10 Windows 8 since you had to turn it off to get the modded Realtek driver to work. Then reinstall Realtek drivers again from ASUS website or from other websites. If you are still interested in Dolby Pro Logic II all you need is the RltkAPO64.dll from the latest driver posted by 'Lord Chunks' and copy it to system32 folder also RltkAPO.dll to sysWOW64 (while you are in safe mode because it will keep saying file in use), and that is it. Anyway your motherboard already support DTS Connect and DTS Studio Sound. Studio Sound is similar to Dolby Pro Logic II I think, but I think you need the Realtek Drivers by ASUS to enable these.
    Last edited by BigBird78; 08-09-2018 at 12:37 AM.

ROG Member Array rubenalamina PC Specs
    rubenalamina PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP Envy 13
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E
    ProcessorCore i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 970 Strix
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorAcer Predator XB1271HU - LG 27EA33
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    Storage #22TB+3TB HDDs
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S TG
    Power SupplyCooler Master Silent Pro M 850w
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset V-MODA Crossfade LP
    Mouse Pad Steel Series
    Headset/Speakers Sony Home Theater 5.1
    OS Windows 10

Any new drivers? I lost track of these but the latest one if from May.

ROG Member Array IntelliTour PC Specs
    IntelliTour PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Apple Retina MacBook Pro Touchbar 15" Mid-2017
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Gaming
    MonitorZowie BenQ XL2430T
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i Pro
    CaseCorsair 780T White
    Power SupplyCoolerMaster V1200 Platinum
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Cherry MX Blue
    Mouse Razer Diamondback Chroma
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Extended Control
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 Xbox One Gamepad

No DTS or Dolby, but these drivers are awesome:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m....8507_0925.zip

(From Maximus XI Extreme page. The board uses same realtek chip, so...)

ROG Enthusiast Array Hurricane28 PC Specs
    Hurricane28 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair 7 hero wifi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2600 x
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060 Gaming advanced
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Logitech G935
    Network RouterFritzbox 7590

Nice!

I guess this also works on the C7H? It has the same codec. Thnx.

ROG Member Array IntelliTour PC Specs
    IntelliTour PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Apple Retina MacBook Pro Touchbar 15" Mid-2017
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Gaming
    MonitorZowie BenQ XL2430T
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i Pro
    CaseCorsair 780T White
    Power SupplyCoolerMaster V1200 Platinum
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Cherry MX Blue
    Mouse Razer Diamondback Chroma
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Extended Control
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 Xbox One Gamepad

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane28 View Post
    Nice!

I guess this also works on the C7H? It has the same codec. Thnx.
    Works like a charm here. I am able to tell: big sound quality boost.

ROG Enthusiast Array Hurricane28 PC Specs
    Hurricane28 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair 7 hero wifi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2600 x
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060 Gaming advanced
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Logitech G935
    Network RouterFritzbox 7590

Cool! Now, which driver do i have to use? I can't figure out which one i need.. Thnx.

#
    +-+ +-+ +-+ +-+ +-+ +-+
    # |U| |p| |d| |a| |t| |e|
    # +-+ +-+ +-+ +-+ +-+ +-+

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4