cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewsonic XG2703-GS on my g751-JT, Will Gsync Work?

dapogz
Level 8
Planning to buy a new external monitor with gsync for my laptop, the viewsonic xg2703-gs is an 27" IPS with gSync on 144hz, this will be my gaming/work monitor and its now on sale in our country for about $500 or less

Will i be able to work this on 144hz gysnc? with Just mini-Displayport?

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4

JustinThyme
Level 13
Its not the Gsync I would be worrying about. or the 165Hz refresh rate of this monitor or the display port cable.
Its the task you are asking of a GTX970M with 3GB VRAM in driving a 2K display.
The G751JT struggles with a 1920x1080 display, I'm not so sure you will like the results of an overheated slow FPS GPU @ 2560 x 1440. Thats a jump from 2 million pixels to 3.7 million pixel or almost double.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Its not the Gsync I would be worrying about. or the 165Hz refresh rate of this monitor or the display port cable.
Its the task you are asking of a GTX970M with 3GB VRAM in driving a 2K display.
The G751JT struggles with a 1920x1080 display, I'm not so sure you will like the results of an overheated slow FPS GPU @ 2560 x 1440. Thats a jump from 2 million pixels to 3.7 million pixel or almost double.

Thanks, but i'll not be playing on 2k on this laptop, only on lower res, i think.. i'm only after the gsync to see if the screen tearing, due to drop of fps can smooth it out(i got an average of 60fps on most games that i play), will the mini DisplayPort enough to work the gsync? thats what i want to asure 🙂

p.s. im also building a good rig right now, but still missing some good parts (waiting for xmas deals ;D

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately you don't have a DisplayPort available to utilize G-Sync.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Unfortunately you don't have a DisplayPort available to utilize G-Sync.

I thought the thunderbolt port also serves as a miniDP ? it got the DisplayPort Logo in it..