cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus R3G with G.Skill Ripjaw 24gb stability issues

gearsix
Level 7
Hi all,

New to the community here so thank you all in advance.

System:
MB: Asus Rampage III Gene (Latest bios)
CPU: i7 980x 3.33Ghz with Deepcool Captain AIO 240ex cooler
GPU: 2x MSI GTX 970 4gb in SLI
Ram: 2 sets of 3x4gb (24gb) G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 1.5v F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL
Storage: 2x Kingston Hyper X Savage SSD 240gb in Raid 0 (via Intel Sata 2)
PSU: Coolmaste v850

I just wanted to validate if I have my RAM settings are correct and ensure my settings aren't the root cause to posting issues or BSOD.

Trying to get it all going at stock speeds and bump the CPU to 4Ghz once its all stable.

I have the bios set up to manual config and have set the following values against my RAM

DRAM Frequency: 1600mhz
QPI/DRAM Core Voltage: 1.2500
DRAM Bus Voltage: 1.5100
CAS# Latency: 9
RAS# to CAS# Delay: 9
RASA# PRE Time: 9
RAS# ACT Time: 24
Timing Mode: 2N

When I have 12-16gb of ram install (any combination of the 6 sticks) - CPUZ/BIOS/OS registered everything correct and no posting issues, however once I go above that (24gb) I run into the following issues
1 - Sometimes system doesnt post through to windows, black screen and not posting or BOSD
2 - When it does post to the OS, it "sometimes" registered 24gb or sometimes 16gb or 12gb
3 - Sometimes on initial boot the system post two/three times before loading into windows

I have tried multiple combinations of the sticks to try to work out the best per DIMM slot but I cant for the life of me work out how to keep it stable. I can try run a memtest when I get home tonight, but however I'm not too sure how to even understand the results and act on them, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Do I need to amend the UCLK, PLL, QPI/Dram?
2 REPLIES 2

XIIIIX
Level 7
I ran 24 gb/8x4gb Geil Ultra+ @2000 9-9-9-24 1T in the past @1,65V
I`d say crank up the volts and look for old posts on xtremesystems.
Fugger, me and a couple of others tested a lot, with a lot of different sticks.
Most of them +1,6V, QPI up and all volts to high (check digi-poer for the available options.
It`s to long ago for me to remember them all 😮

https://valid.x86.fr/show_oc.php?id=1157824
XII

XIIIIX wrote:
I ran 24 gb/8x4gb Geil Ultra+ @2000 9-9-9-24 1T in the past @1,65V
I`d say crank up the volts and look for old posts on xtremesystems.
Fugger, me and a couple of others tested a lot, with a lot of different sticks.
Most of them +1,6V, QPI up and all volts to high (check digi-poer for the available options.
It`s to long ago for me to remember them all 😮

https://valid.x86.fr/show_oc.php?id=1157824

thanks for the reply 🙂

from what i've read it seems like these boards were power hungry. will follow your lead and up the voltages across the settings.