cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung firmware update

Hopper64
Level 15
Just a heads up. Opened Samsung magician and noticed a firmware update today. Don't see this at their website yet.

MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro
55 REPLIES 55

broncogr
Level 10
Nothing on Magician for me yet.
Latest firmware shows as 2B6QCXP7

Same here, 2TB 960 pro here. Maybe it's specific to the size variants?

I have the same 1TB model, and I'm still on 2B6QCXP7 as well. Maybe they're simply rolling out the new version in batches.

Hopper64
Level 15
Probably. I have another machine with the same drive and nothing available. Don't know of any way to bypass the magician software or check for it manually through the software.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

If any of you have stumbled across the new firmware, I strongly advise waiting until official word from samsung of the new firmware rollout.
Chances are you might've flashed a buggy firmware and it might've pulled from deployment right at the last minute.

Have 2 on RAID 0 and samsung magician doesn't detect my drives. Anyone experience this?

fexnok wrote:
Have 2 on RAID 0 and samsung magician doesn't detect my drives. Anyone experience this?

I think that's normal for any RAID arrays. The RAID controller is laid on-top of the two drive's own controller since it'll be handling and managing data between the drives. The OS can only see the RAID controller as "one drive".

fexnok wrote:

Samsungs drivers or software will not work downstream of a raid controller. This is nothing new, been this way since the 840 SSDs rolled out. They have yet to correct this issue. Its all in the name of making sure you dont run their software or drivers on non supported drives being anything but Samsung consumer drives, wont even run on Samsung OEM drives like the SM951 or SM961. Samsung will blame it on riad software but if you look everything else can detect the drives, their model and serial numbers such as HWinfo.

Heres two 850 evos I have in raid0 that are read just fine, but magician doesn't see them.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I got the firmware 3 weeks ago. wait... 1.2.3 3 days after the windows creative crap update. is ok. numbers change a bit but the preformace is ok I am running 3B7QCXE7 with the new magician 5.1.0. Also the Nmve driver change. to 2.3.0.1709
Learn, Play Enjoy!