Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by unknownmiscreant View Post
    Which BIOS version? What you are saying is exactly my thinking when I was setting up p-state OC. However whenever I set p-state specific VID it created rather anomalous results. From memory it refused to clock at p-state 0.

When I posted my issues on a couple of different forums, gupsterg told me to only set the FID of p-state 0 and leave everything else on auto. The thread will be around in the C6H section of this forum. My results improved dramatically after following his/her advice.

As for voltages you have to use offset voltage. Even with only the FID set to A0, everything else on auto with +0.075V offset mine works perfectly and has done for over 3 months.
    BIOS 1701.

How are you getting your core clock higher? Just bumping the multiplier? I'm using P-State for the entire OC. I've read if you use the multiplier method it will stay at that speed. The point of P-State0 OC is for it to still downclock.

New ROGer Array Neoony PC Specs
    Neoony PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero (BIOS: 3101)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4025MHz (1.44V) (Pstates)
    Memory (part number)2x 8GB F4-3200C14D-16GFX @ 3200MHz (1,35V)
    Graphics Card #1XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB Double Dissipation (OC: 1000MHz / 1550MHz)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #22x HDD
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer 240
    CaseCoolerMaster MasterCase h500p
    Power SupplyXFX 550W Pro
    Keyboard Trust GXT 285
    Mouse Razer Taipan
    Headset Sharkoon X-Tatic Pro (True 5.1)
    OS Windows 10 64-bit

Pstates work fine for me if I do it the following way.

Global C-State Control to ON
    Custom for 0, 1 and 2
    Only set the p0 CPU frequency (think A0 = 4000, A1 = 4025, A2 = 4050...)
    I use Offset voltage in extreme tweaker for CPU (dont use auto with pstates, manual should work if you need it...but using offset is recommended)
    And most of the "basic" CPU settings (frequency, ratio..) in extreme tweaker on either Auto or their default (stock) values.

in BIOS 1701

My clocks go down from 4050MHz to around 2020Mhz
    And my CPU Core voltage goes from my 1.44V down to 0.5V
    (along with CPU VID from 1.275V to 0.9V and CPU VDD seems to also go from 1.438V to 1.0V, not as much though)

But yeah, editing the Pstate voltage in some older bioses did start some strange things. Didnt try for some time though.
    Last edited by Neoony; 11-25-2017 at 01:39 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array unknownmiscreant PC Specs
    unknownmiscreant PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell E430s (i7)
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GFX (Currently clocked 3466MHz)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX1070 FTW
    Sound CardAsus Strix Soar
    Monitor2x Dell U2412M
    Storage #1Intel 540s
    Storage #2Intel 520
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy Evo
    CaseCorsair 460x
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G610 Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad Logitech G640
    Headset/Speakers Custom built sound system
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by iorv3th View Post
    BIOS 1701.

How are you getting your core clock higher? Just bumping the multiplier? I'm using P-State for the entire OC. I've read if you use the multiplier method it will stay at that speed. The point of P-State0 OC is for it to still downclock.
    Thats why you set the FID in P-state controls, it controls the multiplier. Leave everything else on auto. DID defaults to 8. VID defaults to the VID programmed into your chip. 1.35v for my 1700x. Theres a preview for the frequency. Remeber is works in hex, so set a multipler in deciua

Please stop telling me it won't down clock. I have only the FID of p-state 0 set to A0 (which equates to 4GHz with 100MHz BCLK) and it downclocks to 0.9v and 2.2GHz when idle. I can send you some pictures if you don't believe me.

They may have fixed it in 1701, I have not checked myself. Although I *think* (and according to gupsterg) the fault was AMDs as the p-state options are in the common BIOS specification. Since there has not been an AGESA update yet (beta is out, ik) I don't know if its fixed.

I have the multiplier is set to auto in the extreme tweaker section, and core voltage has a postive 0.075V offset which equates to 1.42v.

@Neoony, your hex values are a bit off. A0 = 4GHz, A1 = 4.025GHz, A2 = 4.05GHz. Theres also a core speed preview in the p-state setup options.

You can do anything with the voltage controls with p-state. Auto, manual and offset all work. However offset is recommended as it is the only setting that allows precise control and downvolting at idle. Auto can be used but gives anomalous results.
    Last edited by unknownmiscreant; 11-25-2017 at 08:40 AM.

New ROGer Array Neoony PC Specs
    Neoony PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero (BIOS: 3101)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4025MHz (1.44V) (Pstates)
    Memory (part number)2x 8GB F4-3200C14D-16GFX @ 3200MHz (1,35V)
    Graphics Card #1XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB Double Dissipation (OC: 1000MHz / 1550MHz)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #22x HDD
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer 240
    CaseCoolerMaster MasterCase h500p
    Power SupplyXFX 550W Pro
    Keyboard Trust GXT 285
    Mouse Razer Taipan
    Headset Sharkoon X-Tatic Pro (True 5.1)
    OS Windows 10 64-bit

@Neoony, your hex values are a bit off. A0 = 4GHz, A1 = 4.025GHz, A2 = 4.05GHz. Theres also a core speed preview in the p-state setup options.

You can do anything with the voltage controls with p-state. Auto, manual and offset all work. However offset is recommended as it is the only setting that allows precise control and downvolting at idle. Auto can be used but gives anomalous results.

Thanks for the correction...Edited my post.
    I only got those from the top of my head xD

New ROGer Array

Thats why you set the FID in P-state controls, it controls the multiplier. Leave everything else on auto. DID defaults to 8. VID defaults to the VID programmed into your chip. 1.35v for my 1700x. Theres a preview for the frequency. Remeber is works in hex, so set a multipler in deciua

Please stop telling me it won't down clock. I have only the FID of p-state 0 set to A0 (which equates to 4GHz with 100MHz BCLK) and it downclocks to 0.9v and 2.2GHz when idle. I can send you some pictures if you don't believe me.

They may have fixed it in 1701, I have not checked myself. Although I *think* (and according to gupsterg) the fault was AMDs as the p-state options are in the common BIOS specification. Since there has not been an AGESA update yet (beta is out, ik) I don't know if its fixed.

I have the multiplier is set to auto in the extreme tweaker section, and core voltage has a postive 0.075V offset which equates to 1.42v.

Calm down. I had my values mixed up - my bad. I was thinking that the last value was for the core clock, not FID. So now that I've got that straight in my head, what you were saying makes sense. My values are default except for FID.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array unknownmiscreant PC Specs
    unknownmiscreant PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell E430s (i7)
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GFX (Currently clocked 3466MHz)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX1070 FTW
    Sound CardAsus Strix Soar
    Monitor2x Dell U2412M
    Storage #1Intel 540s
    Storage #2Intel 520
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy Evo
    CaseCorsair 460x
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G610 Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad Logitech G640
    Headset/Speakers Custom built sound system
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by iorv3th View Post
    Calm down. I had my values mixed up - my bad. I was thinking that the last value was for the core clock, not FID. So now that I've got that straight in my head, what you were saying makes sense. My values are default except for FID.
    Thats ok, cool you've got it working. It took me a while to get my head around multipliers too. Do some reading about it. As far as my limited understanding goes, the BCLK is multiplied by the FID and then divided by the DID which gives the core frequency. Although I suspect there may be another scaling factor in there.

I took another look at the ryzen info by gupsterg, and it appears you can customize the other p-states. Although again, only touch the FID.

Heres a link to the info by gupsterg: http://www.overclock.net/t/1625015/r...owners-info-db

Also, heres a link to the ryzen OC guide I used: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...shair-vi-hero/

It seems to be stricter about what not to fiddle with. Not sure really. If you want to play it safe, just modify p-state 0, but it should be fine to meddle with the others. although, change it back if it starts behaving strangely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2