cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1080ti OC

Crash-Over
Level 7
Is there a possibility to convert the 1080Ti OC version to a Poseidon? Getting the cooler from Poseidon?
I7 4960x /Asus Rampage 4 Extreme /32GB Ram Dominator Platinum 2133 MHZ/
Asus GTX780 DC2OC Tri SLI/ Costum watercooling AX1200i self cable sleeved white /Samsung 250 SSD/
Corsair 750d /FONT]
3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Crash-Over wrote:
Is there a possibility to convert the 1080Ti OC version to a Poseidon? Getting the cooler from Poseidon?

Personally, even if the two share the same pcb, I wouldn't bother doing this. If you're going to the trouble to remove the Strix cooler and want to make use of the g1/4 ports, you may as well buy a waterblock. The Poseidon offers the hybrid functionality as a package. If you already have a 1080ti, you're throwing money away when a full cover block will perform better.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

JustinThyme
Level 13
IMO the Poseidon is junk. It does OK on air but make no mistake, its not a water block or even close to it. The water simply travels through a tube that is embedded in the fins of an air cooling heat sink. I studied this long and hard before I ditched the thought of buying a Poseidon and just bought two 1080 Ti OC cards and after making sure they worked and burning them in on air I promptly yanked the heatsinks and put on proper water blocks. My choice was the EK blocks.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Crash-Over
Level 7
Yes, I know that I have already installed a phanteks in the other system, see here https://imgur.com/a/tZT3F

and the other one is also on the way from EKWB arrives tomorrow

And furthermore, if you post in the Care Thread we want to be helped by the Asus team and not sorry of others

Then I would have been able to post in the other area if I would have wanted to.
I7 4960x /Asus Rampage 4 Extreme /32GB Ram Dominator Platinum 2133 MHZ/
Asus GTX780 DC2OC Tri SLI/ Costum watercooling AX1200i self cable sleeved white /Samsung 250 SSD/
Corsair 750d /FONT]