cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse/Screen freeze with 1950x

bbroflcopter
Level 7
Computer Type: Custom
GPU: 2 X EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 (SLI)
CPU: Threadripper 1950X, Stock
Motherboard: ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME X399 TR4
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 - Running at 2933 currently
PSU: Corsair - Professional 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System & Version: Windows 10 1709
GPU Drivers: Nidia 22.21.13.8205
Chipset Drivers: Version 9.0.000.8

I have this weird issue where anytime I attempt to open an application, my cursor & screen freeze for 2-3 seconds. I'm on the latest bios (0801) and chipset drivers. I've tried common "fixes" for this issue like the HPET fix and various other things and haven't been able to fix it. Don't think it's a memory issue since memtest came back clean. I'm also running Windows 10 (version 1709). I've reinstalled a clean version of windows about 7-8 times now and nothing has worked. Has anyone else hit this issue?
7 REPLIES 7

vsimone67
Level 7
bbroflcopter wrote:
Computer Type: Custom
GPU: 2 X EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 (SLI)
CPU: Threadripper 1950X, Stock
Motherboard: ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME X399 TR4
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 - Running at 2933 currently
PSU: Corsair - Professional 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System & Version: Windows 10 1709
GPU Drivers: Nidia 22.21.13.8205
Chipset Drivers: Version 9.0.000.8

I have this weird issue where anytime I attempt to open an application, my cursor & screen freeze for 2-3 seconds. I'm on the latest bios (0801) and chipset drivers. I've tried common "fixes" for this issue like the HPET fix and various other things and haven't been able to fix it. Don't think it's a memory issue since memtest came back clean. I'm also running Windows 10 (version 1709). I've reinstalled a clean version of windows about 7-8 times now and nothing has worked. Has anyone else hit this issue?

Did you install AI Suite III? That program causes a lot of performance issues.

vsimone67 wrote:
Did you install AI Suite III? That program causes a lot of performance issues.

Nope, the only thing i've installed post clean install are the chipset drivers and nvidia drivers.

Raise your mem timings or slow down the mem a notch

spadizzle wrote:
Raise your mem timings or slow down the mem a notch

I tried running the memory at different configs from 2133-2933 and every timing in that range still ends up hitting this issue. I can't seem to push the memory above 2933. The PC gets sucks in the restart loop until it eventually tells me that the RAM configs aren't correct.

bbroflcopter wrote:
I tried running the memory at different configs from 2133-2933 and every timing in that range still ends up hitting this issue. I can't seem to push the memory above 2933. The PC gets sucks in the restart loop until it eventually tells me that the RAM configs aren't correct.

Have you tried this BIOS? its newer than 801 and linked from overclock.net

I am currently running it and i can push to just about 3600 with default XMP. Before you flash please make sure to uninstall Ai Suite. Set conservative settings in BIOS and go from there.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nxscgmaiuy8ssqy/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME-ASUS-0007.zip

Dont forget to run the file at this link after uninstalling AI Suite: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95038-AI-Suite-3-cleaner

injurer
Level 7
Any chance you have bad blocks on your storage device?
What are your CPU temps?

spadizzle wrote:
Have you tried this BIOS? its newer than 801 and linked from overclock.net

I am currently running it and i can push to just about 3600 with default XMP. Before you flash please make sure to uninstall Ai Suite. Set conservative settings in BIOS and go from there.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nxscgmaiuy8ssqy/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME-ASUS-0007.zip

Dont forget to run the file at this link after uninstalling AI Suite: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95038-AI-Suite-3-cleaner

I updated to that BIOS and am still hitting the same issues issues. I'm still not able to push my memory past 2933 :(. I don't have AI-Suite-3 Installed.

injurer wrote:
Any chance you have bad blocks on your storage device?
What are your CPU temps?

I don't think so. The samsung wizard isn't reporting any bad blocks and I've confirmed that I'm using the latest NvMe driver. Although, my friend just built a new Ryzen PC so I tried inserting my GPUs + SSD into his build and now he's having the same exact issues that i'm seeing on my TR build. So it's very possible that it's an issue with the NvMe drive.