cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuttering for 2 seconds when logging into windows

Hopeywolf
Level 7
So I noticed a strange thing happening, and Im not sure if this is normal but after getting everything up and running. I noticed that every time I restart windows and load into my desktop, there would be a 2 second hang at the same point every time. I reformatted 3 times for other reasons and they seem to happen at the same point.

I am suspecting it might be corsair link lighting node pro? But I am not 100% sure

I have 2 1TB 850 Evos and 1 2TB NVME 960 Pro . I am unsure if this would cause the issue as well.

What do you guys think? Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

morph_
Level 11
if you login the very second you see the login screen half the time window services and processes are still launching... does this happen after you leave the login screen alone for say 30 seconds?

Yes it still does, I can pinpoint the point when it does and its about the same time regardless if i get past the login screen or not since its loading apps in teh background.

I removed all devices on my other pcie slots and unplugged all usb devices except mouse and keyboard. It still does that 2 second hang at login. Is this something I should be worried about? Or should I just keep using til the more drivers come out for stability for the motherboard.

EDIT: I just found out what it was. Apparently it was my Graphics card, my GTX 1080ti , I switched PCI slots just to make sure it isnt a bad slot or anything and as soon as the drivers are installed , the 2 second hang at start up begins immediately, after sign out or a restart.

The Basic display driver before nvidia drivers are installed do not cause that 2 second hang, as soon as it is installed, it begins the problem just as described.

Hopeywolf
Did you find a solution? And what mb you are using?

Veikkari wrote:
Hopeywolf
Did you find a solution? And what mb you are using?

No solution yet, but my GPU was unstable and I replaced it but the same thing happens. I think it might have to do with drivers + windows fall update or something

Im using the Maximus Hero X Wifi z370

Hopeywolf wrote:
No solution yet, but my GPU was unstable and I replaced it but the same thing happens. I think it might have to do with drivers + windows fall update or something

Im using the Maximus Hero X Wifi z370

Hey,

I had the same problem when my system was unstable. I managed to fix it by lowering certain voltages in BIOS:

VCCIO, System Agent Voltage, PCH Core Voltage and CPU Standby Voltage.

Caenyss wrote:
Hey,

I had the same problem when my system was unstable. I managed to fix it by lowering certain voltages in BIOS:

VCCIO, System Agent Voltage, PCH Core Voltage and CPU Standby Voltage.

Wish this was the case but it only happens when drivers are installed