Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array ezeht PC Specs
    ezeht PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 1525
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO/Whetstone
    ProcessorIntel i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)Kingston- HX421C14FBK2/16
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming.. Cooler Master VGA Support MCA-0005-KUH00
    Sound CardOn/ Board
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    Storage #1SanDisk X400 SSD 1TB SD8SB8U-1T00-1122
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseThermaltake Core V71
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 220-G2-0750-XR
    Keyboard Kensington Slim Type Wired Keyboard (K72357USA)
    Mouse Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury FPS Gaming Mouse
    Headset Kingston HyperX Cloud II Over‑Ear Headset ‑ Red
    Mouse Pad Whetstone
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    OS W10 Pro 64
    Accessory #1 Wavlink WL-ST334U-RD Doc.. WD Black 1TB WD1003FZEX
    Accessory #2 Logitech C920 Pro Web Cam.. Magnus PV-3310 Photo Tripod
    Accessory #3 Epson XP 440 All in 1

Thanks

All my drivers are up to date or latest on the download page for them I install use.. I think my NV vid and Aorus drivers are up to date also- and W10 finally did its fall stuff a month or so ago.. I have read some say they have older bios and this installs with no probs.. I deleted the folder and unzip again and try and get same thing.. 1 person has a thread here saying use power shell and make some changes but that's it I don't even know what power shell is and his instructions was like a tweet like most post- no exact details or what file to change or add to or where to place changed file or maybe it is no file- again I don't know what power shell is and seems I have to get a degree just to install this update and is crazy.. I might bite the bullet and go with latest bios- swear I need no problems- my dang system runs good until w10 wants to mess up my drivers..
    Last edited by ezeht; 01-15-2018 at 06:14 AM.

ezeht PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 6700K
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming.. Cooler Master VGA Support MCA-0005-KUH00
    Sound CardOn/ Board
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseThermaltake Core V71
    Mouse Pad Whetstone
    OS W10 Pro 64

The thing is people are lazy and only want to tweet 120 charters or less and lack communication skills.. You/ we have to be a mind reader or have magic powers and know how to fill in the blanks.. They assume you know more than you do- they only post part of instructions and then some one else another part or backwards what the first posted and they just confuse people and some get uppity and smart mouth people and call them selves helping them- no they are just pissing people off.. Asus just hopes we will rma our boards so they make extra cash off of shipping- that's easy to see and is why they are like they are.. I can follow instructions- if plain- detailed- and or simple end to end.. When I teach or train people I walk them through- but for sure some are not leaders or teachers or instructors- and some do not like to give his knowledge- it makes him feel smarter or more powerful- some think they are cute and or are trolls and or just want to run up post counts and if you snap on one of them you will be the one ban and kicked off the site and is what some want- they are fan boys and hate you having probs or complain about his greatly loved product or brand and wants you kick off the site and your posts deleted and really do not wish to help you at all- they just hope to piss you off.. If a proper sticky was posted well I would not have to have start this thread and none of the others would have either.. Its more like Asus wants us to brick our system and think we will run out and buy the newest mobo they just came out with- no I would buy another brand and demand a refund on a year old mobo and never buy from them again- but is not so easy and they know it and shaft us and can get away with it unlike any other industry or product or service on earth.. Other industries you have probs because of their sorry chit you can demand and get a full refund..
    Last edited by ezeht; 01-13-2018 at 08:00 AM.

New ROGer Array jrodrigues PC Specs
    jrodrigues PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VIII GENE
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-2666C15D-16GVR
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-4GD5
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12S
    CaseCorsair 350D Windowed Micro ATX
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650 PSU
    OS Windows 10

Did you unzip the file to a usb flash drive and run it from there because you failed to mention if you did?

ezeht PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 6700K
    Sound CardOn/ Board
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseThermaltake Core V71
    Mouse Pad Whetstone
    OS W10 Pro 64

No not yet- its almost 3 am and I am lil sick of thinking about it right now.. I will try it later in the day or might in a few minutes.. If that don't work I will grit my teeth and install the latest bios- id rather take my chances with hackers versus have bios probs and have to roll back and want to pull my hair out or blow up people at Asus.. Maybe I will buy a android tablet to bank on and my email so maybe not worry about someone hacking my email and maybe hack steal my Steam account- a damned shame I have to be afraid to use my 1000s of dollars computer- I wish I could return it all for a full refund.. They all knew of these probs like when they sold us mobos back when sandy came out and had to recall everything- little that comes out now is much good- fake advertisements and faulty bios and in house programs- try to scam yah on rebates and enjoy making tons of extra money off of rma's and on and on.. Once downloaded I can play my games off line and will be all I use my junk Asus computer for- this is the last asus product I will buy- I have never seen such chit in all of my life.. I can order an rca tablet now for secure banking and check my email which is also tied to my Steam account.. I will not let some probably poor asus fan hack my chit.. Thanks for help.. Laters..
    Last edited by ezeht; 01-14-2018 at 01:43 AM.

ezeht PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 6700K
    Sound CardOn/ Board
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseThermaltake Core V71
    Mouse Pad Whetstone
    OS W10 Pro 64

jrodrigues

You are OK man.. That worked.. I am not sure if anything else I did helped or not but- I turned off my Bitdefender anti virus and used 7zip and unzipped to my flash drive- before I used the built in unzip tool in w10- I also know from working with other files they can be corrupted if use built in zip and 7zip is good and normally work fine.. I safely removed the drive and plugged it back in just to see if files was on it etc and then right clicked the exe and installed it as admin- said installed ok and reboot and did and I used the windows check tool and it said I am already patched and am not vulnerable.. That's awesome and I did not have to change my bios- I am still on 2202 and all seems to be well..

will_s

Yes I agree.. It would only help Asus rep to see they care about their products and fans to give more complete and detailed instructions.. I have read maybe 20 diff probs or answers and maybe it is no 1 way for everyone to get this done and for some it went real easy the first time but not for all and them it did go easy for should more feel lucky versus asinine superior and not project attitude on them obviously having problems and is not their fault..

Thank you to all that actually tried to help.. You others- well I can survive with out yah..
    Last edited by ezeht; 01-13-2018 at 09:52 PM.

New ROGer Array jrodrigues PC Specs
    jrodrigues PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VIII GENE
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-2666C15D-16GVR
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-4GD5
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12S
    CaseCorsair 350D Windowed Micro ATX
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650 PSU
    OS Windows 10

Glad to hear it worked on your current BIOS!

ezeht PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 6700K
    Sound CardOn/ Board
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseThermaltake Core V71
    Mouse Pad Whetstone
    OS W10 Pro 64

Yah me too.. My memory was on the list for this mobo- I assumed my drives and vid card would be ok.. Anything I use usb works- I have never had a blue screen knock on wood and it games fine.. I know new bios says updates microcode and might have some benefits but at same time I was always under impression if its not broken don't fix it- do not update bios unless you have real problems or it might add support for some new device or memory etc.. Some will try new bios to see if can get a better over clock and if not will roll back to the best they have used.. Also from reading and before I ever built it I tried to avoid installing in house stuff that is said to cause problems like AI suite- I would love to have the monitoring but I can live with out the probs I guess from all the added stuff.. I wish someone could make a mod version that's just the monitoring- maybe add the fan speed control but dump the rest and if said stable id use it.. If not for you never know what W10 might do next it always runs great as it is.. I have said since a W10 update a few months ago my sonic suite now uac stops it from starting on a restart and that jams up my aorus for my vid card and I have deleted and installed all up to date and does not fix it but that's not the bios or mobo fault tho Asus might do an sonic update that fixes it but w10 will break it again when it feels like it..

I play lots of games with all maxed out settings from dx7 to dx12 and in last 3 months have literally played 2 to 7 hours in over 180 games collecting cards on Steam- and that's on top of the 20 or some games I always have installed and or am trying to complete.. Many I might have running in the back ground while I watch a movie on youtube or what ever because they are not the type of games I normally like to play- but never a crash and some of the games I will play them that time it takes to collect the cards and am trying to get more achievements.. Granted some games do not run well if play other games back to back but a restart fixes it and is a fact of gaming life.. I can sometimes sit and play games 17 or more hours a day- being disabled its what I like to do.. So I see no real need to update my bios..
    Last edited by ezeht; 01-14-2018 at 12:09 AM.

ezeht PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 6700K
    Sound CardOn/ Board
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseThermaltake Core V71
    Mouse Pad Whetstone
    OS W10 Pro 64

Samhyu and kleveri

I hope you got your systems worked out and running right.. I did not post yah because I did not know what to say- my post after yours was more directed to what seems to be trolls.. I got mine right and booted up fine after restart or I have not seen any problems- Ive been bumping my music since I got the tool installed- celebrating maybe.. I wish you folks well

ezeht PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 6700K
    Sound CardOn/ Board
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseThermaltake Core V71
    Mouse Pad Whetstone
    OS W10 Pro 64

Recap/ Background..

I am using Bios 2202 I updated when I built this system Dec 2016 and did not have to install a later bios to install this MEI and Tool update.. I am using drivers from Asus driver download page that was up to date when I built this system and the only ones that have been newly released/ updated since is sound and this ME and a few bios.. So I only installed drivers for MEI- USB- Lan- SATA- Hotfix and latest Sonic Suite Audio.. I do not use install AI Suite or newer bios because I read of problems and my system runs good.. I do not use install any of the other stuff on the downloads page.. My Nvidia vid card drivers and Aorus Graphics Engine is up to date and W10 is the Fall Creators ver.. I use paid ver. Bitdefender 2018 and every few days run free Malwarebytes..

Note: I got the MEI and TOOL from Asus downloads for my Mobo.. Also I would use 7zip to unpack the downloads- it seems to have less probs with corrupted files..

Step 2.. The first try was a problem.. Its corrected below..
    When I tried to install the MEUpdate Tool exe I get- ''Can't open AsIO.sys !! (2)'' I click exit and then I get- ''PEUpdater.exe run fail''. I restart my system and again get the same..

jrodrigues helped me with step 2 below.. Thanks..

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

I down loaded and unzipped the MEI and ME tool.. I right clicked on the MEI AsusSetup exe and ran as admin- it installed.. I restart my system even tho I was not told to do so..

I then turned off my Bitdefender anti virus.. I used 7zip and unzipped the Tool to 1 of my blank 1gb flash drives that was plugged into 1 of my usb 2.0 ports.. I safely removed the drive and plugged it back in just to see if files was on it.. I then right clicked the MEUpdate Tool exe and installed it as admin.. It said it installed ok and restart..

I restart and then I used the Intel-SA-00086 Detection Tool .. It said I am patched and not vulnerable.. That's awesome and I did not have to change my bios- I am still on 2202 and all seems to be well..

Intel® Management Engine Critical Firmware Update (Intel-SA-00086)

Resources for Microsoft and Linux* users
    Intel-SA-00086 Detection Tool

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../software.html
    Last edited by ezeht; 01-18-2018 at 09:37 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AKBAAR PC Specs
    AKBAAR PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus Impact VIII
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700k @ 4.6Ghz
    Memory (part number)TridentZ 3200C14 - 32GTZ 32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    MonitorDELL U3014
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Pro SSd
    Storage #2Samsung 840 Pro SSd
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80i GT
    CaseCorsair 250D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX760i