cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gskill RGB RAM will not turn off during sleep

guruknows
Level 7
I'm using a Strix X370 board with the latest bios. I dont have the Gskill software installed but i'm unable to configure the Aura software to turn off the RAM during sleep. The shutdown tab seems to only affect the motherboard LEDs. Is there a fix for thr issue?
6 REPLIES 6

AkaNe0
Level 10
The software cannot control the DRAM under sleep and hibernate modes. The DRAM will just display the last effect applied.

The turn around, will be to hit the on/off button in aura before going to sleep / hibernate mode.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Are there plans on updating the Aura software to turn the RAM LEDs off when the computer goes to sleep? It seems like something the software could automate for us users.

guruknows wrote:
Are there plans on updating the Aura software to turn the RAM LEDs off when the computer goes to sleep? It seems like something the software could automate for us users.

When it's going to sleep the EC of the RAM cannot be controlled. So unless, you set them off before going to sleep, it's not possible on our side.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
When it's going to sleep the EC of the RAM cannot be controlled. So unless, you set them off before going to sleep, it's not possible on our side.
There would be an easy way to do it which will also offer a lot of other possibilities.
Just allow aura to be controlled via batch script.

It would allow in this particular case to schedule a task to be run before sleep (Aura.exe /off) to turn of lights.

Other possibilities with that idea is one could bind some batch script to switch lighting mode via keyboard shortcut (Aura.exe /rainbow for exemple).

It would be great for unsyncing some devices too and recycing them on the fly without having to open Aura as a workaround for Armoury not being compatible with Aura.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

namoi wrote:
There would be an easy way to do it which will also offer a lot of other possibilities.
Just allow aura to be controlled via batch script.

It would allow in this particular case to schedule a task to be run before sleep (Aura.exe /off) to turn of lights.

Other possibilities with that idea is one could bind some batch script to switch lighting mode via keyboard shortcut (Aura.exe /rainbow for exemple).

It would be great for unsyncing some devices too and recycing them on the fly without having to open Aura as a workaround for Armoury not being compatible with Aura.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I would really enjoy that functionality. It would solve my problem and allow people to do interesting things.

I see this issue is still present, as this would explain why I'm experiencing this too. Interesting...

guruknows wrote:
I would really enjoy that functionality. It would solve my problem and allow people to do interesting things.

I think this would be a great functionality as well!