Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dovakhan View Post
    1) Kudos for your elaborate arguments.

2) Then, according to your definition of "stock", anything but the standart SPD 2133 speeds isn't "stock", right?

Also, I'm done seeing the mods doing everything but solving anything, or providing at least an update about this, or highlighting where I could be wrong. I'm gonna start raising awareness about this issue. To begin with, I'm gonna retract the recommendation of buying ASUS boards to 2 friends that are about to buy a new PC, then email some major hardware reviewers in order for them to check it themselves (+ Reddit). Let's see how many more customers you lose because you've decided to behave like 8 year-olds.

Sorry, I'm simply correcting you. Not sure that quantifies as behaving like an 8-year-old. If XMP is setting the memory frequency and timings beyond Intel spec, then it's overclocking. So no, it's not stock. My definition of stock is the opposite of overclocking, which is as it should be

On a vacation Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post
    Sorry, I'm simply correcting you. Not sure that quantifies as behaving like an 8-year-old. If XMP is setting the memory frequency and timings beyond Intel spec, then it's overclocking. So no, it's not stock. My definition of stock is the opposite of overclocking, which is as it should be
    The 8 year-old quote wasn't for you.

And check my edited post. It isn't "beyond Intel spec" if Intel says that they officially support that feature. At the very least you could say that the 8700K supports up to 2666, but offers XMP as an official feature. Anyway, this is more a matter of semantics than anything else.

Also, like I said, it isn't the point of this thread neither affects the voltage of my CPU AFAIK, so please, I'd appreciate if we just drop the topic.
    Last edited by Dovakhan; 12-04-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Thread closed as the members have already answered your question. This is an end-user to end-user forum. Official responses to every query are not promised or even possible.

Further threads or posts regarding this will be removed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4