cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Crosshair VI Hero wins Hardware.info community Award 2017 For best ATX board

DrThunder
Level 7
Congratulations with the award Asus employees. The dutch site (hardware.info) readers have chosen the ASUS Crosshair VI Hero for the best ATX board of 2017
I hope you al get a positive vibe from this. Take you advantage from the large ROG community. I have an idee maybe you can organize ROG events in different countries for example: how to overclock cpu and/or memory
15 REPLIES 15

Sigtran
Level 10
In terms of features I would agree CH6 to be one of, if not even the best x370 board.

However, not sure do you actually have this board, but I guess not, since otherwise you would know how many issues and bugs it still has, months and months after its launch.

Not saying other boards don't suffer from issues and bugs, however at this price and as advertised to be best x370 board, its support and user experience assurance should be on much higher level then it actually is.

Anyhow, congratulations to Asus and please put more effort in quality post-sale support.

sadaharu
Level 7
we passed the April fools day bro. It's not funny.

sadaharu wrote:
we passed the April fools day bro. It's not funny.

Exactly! Either Asus paid for that award or there is some other crock of crap behind it.
Syaoran

chonk
Level 7
Lol. Best ATX mobo? Yes, on papers only. This is the worst mobo ever.

chonk wrote:
Lol. Best ATX mobo? Yes, on papers only. This is the worst mobo ever.

Agree/disagree. I haven't had much in the way of issues with it. Bottom line it worked out of the box for me. I have managed to sort most of the issues with it out through tweaking etc. However alot of them should not have occurred in the first place. If you get it working properly, its a very nice board.

Keep in mind that it's a community award. Literally everyone that voted on that board has just looked at the specs and does NOT own it.
This board does look the best on papers. However in real life it's a bit of a bummer.

GravitySandwich wrote:
Keep in mind that it's a community award. Literally everyone that voted on that board has just looked at the specs and does NOT own it.
This board does look the best on papers. However in real life it's a bit of a bummer.

Well IMO, this board may be a bit of a dunger, but I'm not so convinced elsewhere is any better. Gigabyte released a BIOS update that burned CPUs. Not sure about ASrock.

One of the issues I have with this board is present on intel and threadripper boards.

unknownmiscreant wrote:
Well IMO, this board may be a bit of a dunger, but I'm not so convinced elsewhere is any better. Gigabyte released a BIOS update that burned CPUs. Not sure about ASrock.

One of the issues I have with this board is present on intel and threadripper boards.

Gigabyte also pulled that BIOS and corrected the issue. Any user affected by that had their CPU's replaced. Definitely a not good situation but that was a few BIOS revisions ago. Now their boards are a lot less problematic then the Crosshair VI line. There is no 3000+ page thread for their AM4 X370 motherboards full of issues and complaints.

You can defend Asus all you want but the reality is, your experience is the rare one by comparison.
Syaoran

Syaoran wrote:
Gigabyte also pulled that BIOS and corrected the issue. Any user affected by that had their CPU's replaced. Definitely a not good situation but that was a few BIOS revisions ago. Now their boards are a lot less problematic then the Crosshair VI line. There is no 3000+ page thread for their AM4 X370 motherboards full of issues and complaints.

You can defend Asus all you want but the reality is, your experience is the rare one by comparison.

Yeah I know. I seem to have had a really good run compared to others. Not sure why. My board still is a bit wonky with the water block after its been transported/knocked. Get a q-code 8 sometimes. Although generally loosening the CPU block and wiggling it, along with reseating GPU and RAM solves it.

I never really followed the gigabyte incident. Although most of the issues with other boards was a while ago and seems to have been resolved.

I'm not trying to defend the board. If even half the issues posted around the place are/were true its still a total dunger. I was merely pointing out that **IF** you have it working its a very nice board IMO. Not sure exactly what I have done differently compared to everyone else... Maybe I got lucky IDK.

Although in the first month or 2 it was a total nightmare for me. Cold boot, the onboard audio jacks injected VRM noise into my speakers. It wouldn't shut down or go into sleep mode when using raid (admittedly this was AMD's fault, not asus.) It still doesn't allow PCIex4 cards to run off the chipset and the water temp headers can't be used in BIOS. And theres the irritating green light. Back then I bloody hated the thing. Now its (largely) sorted out, I'm glad I stuck with it. Just really glad I waited till AGEAS1.0.0.6 before I bought it. If I had had all the RAM issues in the beginning, I would be utterly loathing it now.