ROG Member Array

Overclocking Enhancement

Tried to mention about this in another post, but I believe this topic deserves a bit more attention so I created a new thread.

There is a strange option in the BIOS named "Overclocking Enhancement". Found no info about what it actually do, but when enabled the temperatures reported are dropping significantly. Now the issue with that is that I'm afraid those could be fake and that's because at idle temps reported are under ambient - 8-16 degrees C. That means if temperatures are wrongly reported my AIO fans will spin slower and I may melt the board/CPU.

Anyone knows what exactly those "Overclocking Enhancement" option is doing? Any reliable source?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

It enables SenseMi Skew (artificially reading lower temperatures in order to trick XFR to boost longer and higher), Performance Bias and tweaks VRM settings to improve overclockability.

ROG Member Array caknuckles PC Specs
    caknuckles PC Specs
    MotherboardX399 Asus Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorAMD Threadripper 1950X
    Memory (part number)4x THWD432G3200HC16CDC01 64GB
    Graphics Card #1RX Vega 64 / XFX limited
    Graphics Card #2RX Vega 64 / Sapphire Black
    Graphics Card #3Not yet, but soon as MSRP
    Graphics Card #4Have you seen the Vega power draw?
    Monitor3x Vizio M50-D1
    Storage #12x Samsung 960 Pro 512
    Storage #2Crucial 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerBykski TR4 / OLC
    CaseThermaltake W100 & P100
    Power SupplyEVGA P850 - EVGA P1200
    Keyboard Asus Claymore
    Mouse Asus Spatha
    Headset Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
    Mouse Pad Level 1 Tech
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterHitron Technologies

Leave on Auto. It reports lower temp to allow for more overclocking headroom. Enabled it gives you false readings.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post
    It enables SenseMi Skew (artificially reading lower temperatures in order to trick XFR to boost longer and higher), Performance Bias and tweaks VRM settings to improve overclockability.
    What are the best bios settings to use for 1950x optimum Stock XFR performance? Because i followed your advice and my single threaded score in cinebench is 158-160 and lower than what i get with a Ryzen 1800x. Memory is 3200Mhz CL14, cooler is a Enermax 360. Temps never go over 50c.

I seem to be getting terrible XFR performance on the latest bios 0801, tried back as far as 0601.

When i first got the board i was scoring 169-171 in cinebench single threaded at stock XFR settings but now i cant get anywhere near it.