cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best recommended connectivity for a Asus Trix 7.1 audio card and what amplifier opt.?

Alan_M
Level 7
What is the best way to connect my new Asus Trix Soar 7.1 audio card to an amplifier for getting the best 7.1 experience? Do I use a direct USB to the amplifire? Do I use the digital optical cable (7.1 audio quality is bad?) or use the 7.1 mini jack connection? In case of mini jack, what amplifire take that as an input (7.1)?
My speakers are 7.1 JBL 100w
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Alan_M
Level 7
Alan M wrote:
What is the best way to connect my new Asus Trix Soar 7.1 audio card to an amplifier for getting the best 7.1 experience?

I purchase an old A/V Receiver 7.1 amplifier and I connect it directly to it using audio cables. To the back of the A/V Receiver in to the aux. audio 7.1 channel input. And I connected the A/V Receiver amplefire output to 7.1 pasive speaker system.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
To experience all the features the sound card offers, it's best to use the 3.5mm outputs instead of SPDIF. If you want to use your amplifier, four(7.1) stereo 3.5mm-to-RCA cables can be used to hook it up.

Those inputs you highlighted are correct if you have the Marantz SR7500.

You can also connect the optical cable for the highest quality sound. Switch between the two audio inputs whenever you like since your video signal won't be able to bypass that amplifier anyway (no HDMI and DisplayPort).

I'm new to audio technology and audio terminology. Just double checking:
So you recommend trying to use SPDIF as a connection for 7.1, optical cable for the highest quality sound, correct?

I will try that