cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! Windows 10 BSOD bad_system_configuration after flushing cooling loops.

Skunkfoo
Level 7
I finally flushed and cleaned my GPU and CPU loops including the blocks and now upon startup I get a BSOD that I cannot figure out how to solve

I can get into windows 10 troubleshooting but nothing works and the error persists. *I can even get CMD prompt and see my files but I can’t figure out how to restore or reset.

The sub drive that I used to install windows 10 is no longer about to be booted into (not sure if I somehow disabled it in my bios)

Should I just trash the bootable raid 0 array ( 2 Samsung 960 pros using pch and cpu) in the bios and start over?*

Any help is very much appreciated .
4 REPLIES 4

JustinThyme
Level 13
If you have another PC where you can use media creator and can download the F6 drivers you should be able to do the install while leaving everything in place. What sucks is if you dont have a copy of 1703 the media creator is going to give you 1709.
Im guessing you dont have a back up?
Did you change any BIOS settings?
Before I went that far though I would be double checking your seating on the blocks and disabling one all but one PCIE switch and using one memory module. Seems to me something else got hosed along the way as just cleaning blocks without changing hardware should have zero impact.
Also make sure you didnt overtighten your CPU block. It needs to be just snugged then a hair more.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
If you have another PC where you can use media creator and can download the F6 drivers you should be able to do the install while leaving everything in place. What sucks is if you dont have a copy of 1703 the media creator is going to give you 1709.
Before I went that far though I would be double checking your seating on the blocks and disabling one all but one PCIE switch and using one memory module. Seems to me something else got hosed along the way as just cleaning blocks without changing hardware should have zero impact.
Also make sure you didnt overtighten your CPU block. It needs to be just snugged then a hair more.

JustinThyme, I totally agree, just cleaning a system shouldn't cause software problems. After hours of trying to get windows to repair my system I just went and reinstalled Windows as all my important stuff is in backed up to the cloud. Just have to was time and install several core applications.

NOTE if anyone has been following my other posts, there was one where my 1st GPU was never detected in my bios yet in windows I was able to use SLI without issues. Since reseatting my GPU now both cards are posting to bios!. Not sure if this new posting screwed with windows 10 and caused my BSOD.

JustinThyme wrote:

Do you have a link to download these drivers? Do these drivers allow the use of 960 Pro drives in Raid 0? (Doesn't matter if the Raid array is bootable on Dimm.2 card)

GEEKCPA wrote:
Do you have a link to download these drivers? Do these drivers allow the use of 960 Pro drives in Raid 0? (Doesn't matter if the Raid array is bootable on Dimm.2 card)

Those drivers are available from original ASUS ROG usb drivers stick you can copy the folder to your Windows USB installation or just search for them during Windows installation at Drivers\RAID\IRST\Driver\64Bbit if you're installing in RAID mode.

Also if you don't have your media creator you can download the ISO directly from Microsoft. I prefer this way so you install everything including latest OS updates and then you only have to download a couple of updates but that's it.

Here's the link to download ISO

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO

But it won't work directly due to a website error. You need to open that link using Microsoft Edge as follows:

- Open Microsoft Edge and go to link above
- Press F12 to open developer tools
- Click on Emulation TAB
- In Mode-> Browser Profile select Windows Phone
- Pick Windows 10 on Select list and download ISO
- Use Rufus to create a bootable USB installation from downloaded ISO
- Enjoy