cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan choosing for water cooler.

1Advanced
Level 7
I'm thinking to get Noctua to replace original fans on H100i GTX Extreme, they are too loud.
Unless someone can recommend an ever better fan, my main question is:
NF-F12 PWM is 1,500 rpm and 23,9dba, while there is newer NF-F12 iPPC that has 3,000 rpm capabilities but shows 43,5dba. If NF-F12 is set to run at 1,500 rpm for example would it also be closer to 23 dba or it would be louder? I am just trying to decide which one to get, I'd like ability for more rpm if needed but main concern is keeping noise levels down.
4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15
Noctua fans are top-notch. I use them in my build. Don't forget to take a look at their Chromax line for other color options if you're not a fan of the Noctua colors.

Chino wrote:
Noctua fans are top-notch. I use them in my build. Don't forget to take a look at their Chromax line for other color options if you're not a fan of the Noctua colors.

The question was about choosing model for better (lower) noise levels, not colors, but thanks for the feedback. I read that Chromax are not as good as original models but don't know if that is true.

Chino
Level 15
Actually, I own the industrial model you listed. It's quiet unless you ramp it up to full speed, which you probably won't be doing 24/7.

Chino wrote:
Actually, I own the industrial model you listed. It's quiet unless you ramp it up to full speed, which you probably won't be doing 24/7.

Thanks. That's what I wanted to know, although more precisely I was hoping to find out if it is a bit louder or exactly same as the previous model, considering it would be run at same RPMs as comparison.