Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Intel Management Engine Security Advisory

    Hello,

    Intel has just released security advisory that lists new vulnerabilities in Intel Management Engine.
    https://security-center.intel.com/ad...nguageid=en-fr


    Based on tools provided by Intel, my notebook is affected by this vulnerability. They recommend checking with system OEM for updated firmware.

    On this page, they list other OEM who already provided software update (Dell, Lenovo).
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../software.html

    Is Asus going to provide software update for Intel ME?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them
    MrAgapiGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    1,583

    Quote Originally Posted by Masenshi View Post
    Hello,

    Intel has just released security advisory that lists new vulnerabilities in Intel Management Engine.
    https://security-center.intel.com/ad...nguageid=en-fr


    Based on tools provided by Intel, my notebook is affected by this vulnerability. They recommend checking with system OEM for updated firmware.

    On this page, they list other OEM who already provided software update (Dell, Lenovo).
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../software.html

    Is Asus going to provide software update for Intel ME?

    Thanks
    Asus already deploy these 4 days ago these fix on selected motherboards and cpu. please check you r motherboard cpu/laptop for more informacion.

    The list are:

    6th, 7th & 8th Generation Intel Core Processor Family
    Intel Xeon Processor E3-1200 v5 & v6 Product Family
    Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family
    Intel Xeon Processor W Family
    Intel Atom C3000 Processor Family
    Apollo Lake Intel Atom Processor E3900 series
    Apollo Lake Intel Pentium
    Celeron N and J series Processors

    If your device carry these specs, the tool is available or on it way.

  3. #3
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Itzycharles View Post
    If your device carry these specs, the tool is available or on it way.
    Other companies like Acer or Lenovo has webpage where they list affected models and BIOS status update, does Asus have something similar?

    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../software.html

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    143

    Quote Originally Posted by Masenshi View Post
    Other companies like Acer or Lenovo has webpage where they list affected models and BIOS status update, does Asus have something similar?

    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../software.html
    The latest information we got is there will be a related webpage announcement in December.

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Still waiting for a solution for ROG laptops.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...571#post691571

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    143

    Please refer to the following message.
    https://www.asus.com/News/q5R9EixxfAqo1anZ
    Thank you for your patience.

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array Marco1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    29

    Model ROG FX753VD...

    ...is affected too and not in this list.
    Thanks.

    Marco71.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •