cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Is Differences Between X299 E Gaming & XE Gaming

ahmetekin
Level 7
Hi;
I can't see differences between them. Which one i should buy?
Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

LiveOrDie
Level 11
As the X299 platform was rushed out they later found the VRM heatsink on most boards not just Asus ones didn't cut it, so they redesigned it then later on releasing the XE with the revision.

Raja
Level 13
ahmetekin wrote:
Hi;
I can't see differences between them. Which one i should buy?
Thanks.

Xe has a better heatsink.

Korth
Level 14
Have any other ASUS X299 mobos been revised with "better heatsinks"?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Raja
Level 13
No. Extreme and Apex got revised pre launch.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
No. Extreme and Apex got revised pre launch.

Rewored probably why my board had scratches on it and dust.

Korth
Level 14
Surprised a new ASUS mobo would have scratches and dust.

I've bought many over the years, always (so far) in absolutely pristine condition with all the extras neatly arranged and clean and shiny before sealing the box. Sometimes the packaging itself was scuffed or damaged (in a few cases obviously dropped/crushed/smashed), but the contents themselves were always entirely undamaged. I've seen a mobo come with an extra CPU socket warning sticker (which I imagine should have been stuck onto the next mobo in line, lol).

Never any dust. Ever. I've seen no dust so often that if I did see dust on one then I think I would assume it's been opened/resealed after leaving the ASUS factory.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Surprised a new ASUS mobo would have scratches and dust.

I've bought many over the years, always (so far) in absolutely pristine condition with all the extras neatly arranged and clean and shiny before sealing the box. Sometimes the packaging itself was scuffed or damaged (in a few cases obviously dropped/crushed/smashed), but the contents themselves were always entirely undamaged. I've seen a mobo come with an extra CPU socket warning sticker (which I imagine should have been stuck onto the next mobo in line, lol).

Never any dust. Ever. I've seen no dust so often that if I did see dust on one then I think I would assume it's been opened/resealed after leaving the ASUS factory.

I've never heard of Asus doing a mass scale rework on 2 lines of motherboards before? and im not the only one that had the issue ether https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97121-Whos-R6E-come-with-clear-plastic-film-protecting-it , i have contact Asus AU and there going to send me a new M.2 Cover to replace the one thats scratched.