cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553VD - Driver Power State Failure while playing certain games

benjaminllim
Level 7
For some reason, when I play two of my games I get a Driver Power State Failure, a BSOD.

What is strange is that I do not get this at all when I play my other games or not gaming at all.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I've already contacted ASUS Support and they said it was a hardware issue, but I hope I can fix this without sending my laptop off.

Dump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMe8kFEmIEUkSQaN-2YuflpRnHe
36 REPLIES 36

mmohamed2
Level 8
uninstall intel 630 driver using Display Driver Uninstaller then ,after reboot,download and install an old version like 11/11/2016 or older
I get this problem after i updated the intel 630 driver to 2017 version, but after doing that , i rarly get "Driver Power State Failure"

I hope that help!

Can someone help me analyse the dump files from the 26th and tell me what I need to fix?
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMe8kFEmIEUkTCRrUAAdPnwMxlS

*I have the same problem, when I'm in a game and press "alt + tab" to change the window, when I return to the game the screen freezes for a long time, until I get "Power State Failure,"

(sorry for my english)

I had the same issue with newest drivers, after that I reinstalled my windows with the drivers from asus (intel+nvidia) , and the result is better, no blue screen but the premiere pro, photoshop and programs where is important the nvidia graphic card stops responding very often, every 30-60 minutes. I bought my laptop 1 week ago, so i am very sure, it s a driver or windows problem. I hope the situation will be resolved soon. I am very disappointed.

update: here is my minidump files https://goo.gl/eBLqkM

update2: Now i reinstalled the windows, but not the newest. I installed the 1703 version, and now everything working good up to now, no freezes, no blue screen, up to date nvidia driver.

Also face the same problem after updated to version 1709, after roll back to the 1703, everything return to normal.

Okay i see this is a mass problem.

Anyone managed to get workaround in windows 1709 because rolling back to 1703 is not an option for me

Usually i get BSOD when i alt-tab or close the game so mostly its connected to video card swaping or such.

Hi everyone! How many users encounter this problem? Should I roll back to 1703 or not?

Lord Obsidian wrote:
Hi everyone! How many users encounter this problem? Should I roll back to 1703 or not?

If you have the opportunitty to rol back just do, this is not just common, it's almost certain to happen once you update to 1709, and the more you try to fix the more side issues you find! I am running on a 1709 and I can tell you the performance is not optimal, i have BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE while closing up some apps and games, and all my drivers are up to date, while a friend of mine who has this exact same model, bought from the exact same shop, is still running 1703 and has no problems of such nature. We've disabled his Windows updates for now until a solution is found!

Lets keep this thread alive and running, and if you guys find a solution please share! It's quite clear that this is a Microsoft update related issue, but none of the hotfixes/definition updates released until now have solved it (I am running insider preview to check if anything to be released fixes this mess, with no luck until now!)

Guys did splendid open for you on 1709?