cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-OC ,, 3 screens 144Hrz info plz

SK8
Level 10
I have a question on ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-OC card as I just found out today I get it as a gift for Yule from my husband yes we buy each other PC parts at times lol 😉 I run three 27 inch BenQ monitors with 144Hrz and 1ms refresh rate ... my screen resolution is 5760 X 1080 :] On my 980Ti card all 3 screens are hooked up with DP cables.

Now with this new card on its way to me it has only 2 DP slots grrr not happy on this and one DVI -D slot and 2 HDMI 2.0 slots . My screens have HDMI but not 2.0 :eek: as I did test them today with a HDMI 2.0 cable so they are a no go 😛 From reading today I found out the DVI-D can pull off 144Hrz so good on this as my screens do have DVI-D .

So my question is is it a big deal to hook up 2 screens on DP cables and 1 screen on DVI-D ? Will this make issues or am I freaked out over nothing? I am semi freaked out due to I always game on 3 screens and have always used same cables the last 7 years and this will be the first time ever to use different cables. I would sooner walk from this card then give up my 3 screens at 144Hrz I think lol 😛 Any help info or advice please give as I want to enjoy this amazing gift not be freaked out until it comes thinking I could have a war on my hands with this video card 😛
Bios 602 and did a bios update doh
passed 8hr test on Karhu RamTest
Set to Manual OC
Dram Frequency 4266MHz
Dram voltage 1.45v
CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.25v
CPU System Agent Voltage 1.29v
Dram timing control 17-18-18-38
Mode1
Dram command rate set to 2N set dram current capability to 130%
4 REPLIES 4

SK8
Level 10
Issue fixed I went poor and bought the same Samsung 49in curved screen I got my husband for Yule . After about 7 years of 3 screens time to ditch the bezel and move into a curved screen with 144hz and 1 ms refresh rate. So I lose some screen but way less bs to hook up and set up and my FPS will / should go up on a happy note lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdSDB0v8JR0
Set to Manual OC
Dram Frequency 4266MHz
Dram voltage 1.45v
CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.25v
Mode1

Nate152
Hi SK8

Wow nice, that's an ultra ultra wide monitor and looks cool, I don't think you'll miss the bezels. 🙂

You'll have to give us an update on performance when you get it hooked up.

Nate152 :] You bet I will give a update once I have mine ETA on it this sec Dec 5 - 14 as it comes from USA 😕 Husbands comes on Tue this will fully blow him away as he has three 60Hrz screens lol. So once he plays BF4 or BF1 on his new screen his jaw should hit the floor going from three 60Hrz screens to a 144hrz lol.

Ya after 7 years give or take of 3 screens bezal this will be nice to have none for once lol. From my homework today its just a tad larger then two 27in screens so it may seem small to me for a bit but I will live. So I know full well my FPS should go up with this screen. In BF4 just now with a GTX 980Ti and my res on my 3 benQ 144hrz screens 5760 x 1080 I pull off 140 -180 fps with my custom settings. So once my ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-OC comes and this new screen res of 3840 X 1080 I should be able to pull off or near 200 FPS in BF4 and well over 100 in BF1 depending how I set it up lol.

If you want it this screen is not bad to buy in the USA in Canada meh not great but no PC part in Canada is cheap but I did get the husbands a few hundred cheaper then I paid for mine lol. But for mine I had to buy it in the USA sold out in many places in Canada on black Friday. Kicking myself now I did not buy 2 at the same time but I did not know he bought me the ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-OC lol. I am so looking forward to this card and screen not even funny 😄

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49--chg90-qled-gaming-monitor-lc49hg90dmnxza/
Set to Manual OC
Dram Frequency 4266MHz
Dram voltage 1.45v
CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.25v
Mode1

cljustin
Level 8