cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADVICE! - ASUS PG279Q 27" 2560 x 1440 165hz - Backlight Bleed Discussion

KenKenco
Level 7
I recently invested in the ASUS PG279Q 27" after much research and due diligence because the specs are literally incredible. The G-Sync, the 2K resolution, the clarity. The IPS colours!

But the backlight bleed... I've done my research, and honestly, I think I'm fairly lucky with mine. The bottom right part of the screen is the worst, dotted around the screen are other signs of back light bleeding. It bothers me about 20% of the time. And it's impossible not to notice on a black screen, ruining the immersion of games. But otherwise, unless you're looking for it (Which often I do on the bottom right), it is minuscule if not even visible at all when well lit or displaying colours other than black.

I've attached several images of different exposures to get an idea from when I first bought it. When the screen warms up the BLB is at it's worst. When it starts from being normal temp it's less noticeable definitely. Looking at these pictures, it doesn't actually look too bad. But in person, you really can notice it. Especially along the top where there are about 3 or 4 light entry points.

I'm basically wondering if:

- Do you think my level of BLB is acceptable? (I can't be bothered with the faff of RMA'ing it, but I spent a lot of money on it and it should be flawless in my opinion, it really does just spoil a perfect product.)
- Has anyone ever been lucky enough to get on of these monitors that barely has any BLB at all?
- Does IPS Back-light bleeding get worse over time?
- Does anyone know roughly how long will warranty be on the monitor via ASUS?

Thanks to anyone who can offer feedback!

3 REPLIES 3

Samukas
Level 7
I also bought a PG279Q yesterday and already return it, was the same or worse than yours.
I'm not spending money to keep a product that I'm not satisfied with.

Cumps

Shame isn't it!. I'm really really picky with these things, but a month or so on.. I really don't notice it unless I look for it now. And I think I can live with it. This product would be perfect if they fixed the IPS Bleed for sure.

So I decided finally I've had enough, a £600 monitor to have orange patches is stupid.
Turns out I had only 7 days to replace it with a "NEW" one...

Now if I want to RMA it I am offered a refurbished one that could have cosmetic marks such as scratches on it. AND no guarentee that the BLB will be fixed.
It's ridiculous I'm so frustrated. Now I'm stuck with a £600 monitor that for it's sole purpose at 6 months old doesn't even provide a 100% perfect image.

I really should have shopped else where it's borderline robbery and stupidity. Colour correction software did nothing to help either.