cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Management Engine (ME) Security Hole - ASUS ROG G752VS-XS74K

The_Guru
Level 7
So I've waited a couple days. Still no update provided by ASUS on the support page for this major hole. Anyone know the status?
31 REPLIES 31

Clintlgm
Level 14
First I've heard of it? what is this security hole you speak of?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm
Level 14
What I'm reading here is that Intel has a major issue, Asus would be waiting on Intel to solve this issue and patch or firmware update etc what ever it will take to solve the issue. It doesn't seem like a Asus issue too me and that would be the reason were not hearing about it from Asus since they would need the firmware update from Intel to solve this issue?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

xeromist
There's an announcement from a few days ago:
https://www.asus.com/News/q5R9EixxfAqo1anZ

EDIT: appears the 752s have now been added. Please visit the link for the update tool.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thanks for the update xeromist, I wonder is that is good or bad that we are not listed. My guess is the G Series are much more complicated and might take a little longer to implement?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

xeromist wrote:
There's an announcement from a few days ago but the 752 isn't on it:
https://www.asus.com/News/q5R9EixxfAqo1anZ

Well it is there. Just search for it ;).

winyl wrote:
Well it is there. Just search for it ;).

Yup, it appears the 752's have been added since I posted that link. I'll update my post.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

The_Guru
Level 7
All I know for sure is that we ARE affected. All you need to do is use intel's own detection tool and even look at your CPU model number. I find it odd DELL and other OEMs can release all of their's but ASUS can't or that they simply don't deem their gaming line worthy of their attention.

The_Guru wrote:
I find it odd DELL and other OEMs can release all of their's but ASUS can't or that they simply don't deem their gaming line worthy of their attention.

oh... well.. it isn't new news... it's a policy - and that's my opinion after my last RMA.
IMHO and from my own experience, Asus's DNA, in terms of "service experience" for G-serie - is altered and twisted at its root nucleotides.

IMHO, instead of wasting millions of USD on marketing world-wide, pre-sale - they should invest their capitals into after-market experience for their clients.
but no.....that's not Asus's way.... - right Mr. Bahz @Asus?
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]