cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM vdroop

SightUp1
Level 7
If it matters, I have a z370-F with a 8700k.

In my BIOS I have my RAM voltage set to 1.35. For some reason it sets it to 1.3530 but that's another issue. But when it's set to 1.35 in the BIOS, upon restarting, it droops to 1.31-32. What should I do? Leave it alone? Should I set it to 1.37 So it actually shows 1.35 in the BIOS?
6 REPLIES 6

morph_
Level 11
Are you having ram stability issue, posting or booting?

If your ram can run with less voltage than the specified that is a good thing, means everything is running more optimally and cooler!

During loads mostly.

morph_
Level 11
so no stability issues (Crashing/ bsod's etc)...?

Just voltage droop?

JustinThyme
Level 13
SightUp1 wrote:
If it matters, I have a z370-F with a 8700k.

In my BIOS I have my RAM voltage set to 1.35. For some reason it sets it to 1.3530 but that's another issue. But when it's set to 1.35 in the BIOS, upon restarting, it droops to 1.31-32. What should I do? Leave it alone? Should I set it to 1.37 So it actually shows 1.35 in the BIOS?

Once you are booted into the OS whats it showing?
Are you having any stability issues?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Wouldn't concern yourself with this, at all. Software isn't going to tell you anything worth knowing. To know exactly what's happening you'd need to measure at the socket or on the DIMM itself. If the memory is stable, then that's all that is needed.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Praz
Level 13
Hello

RAM voltage VDROOP for the majority of usage can be considered non-existent for consumer class motherboards. The actual amount is so low that noise and other anomalies will mask the actual droop unless considerable effort is expended during the measurement process. If the problem being experienced is a difference of voltage between what is set and the actual value physical measurements are required as software is not an accurate indicator. When making the measurement ensure the equipment being used has the necessary resolution to accurately display the difference being seen. Also the proper connection of the probes are necessary to eliminate trace and plane impedance induced errors.