cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading to VIP

Spoony
Level 7
hello all

ive registerd products like it says for upgrading to VIP status but nothing has happened.

still keeps asking me to register to upgrade.

anybody else getting this ?

advice

14 REPLIES 14

X-ROG
Level 15
It will keep saying once a time you return. It's just a generic message - there's nothing coded yet that checks the server for VIP status, but it's on our list. 🙂 Just ignore for now. I hope it's not too intrusive.

Spoony
Level 7
its all good its not a problem or anything i was thinking i might have not done something right or was suppossed to get an activation email or whatever thats all since i did it monday and had nothing.

if i can do anything to help let me know its all good 🙂 you guys help us all enough regardless of it being your job or not for myself and others i would like to say thanks.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I was wondering about that message as well but I just clicked the close button on it and it went away. BTW I've been a VIP Member since 2009.

Spoony
Level 7
ah ok good to know i thought i hadnt done something or i should have had an email.

most other websites you get a confirmation mail or something i thought here was same. its not a problem i just thought somebody should know incase its a website fault or as normal i broke summet 😛

DangerClose
Level 7
I was wondering as well. I am registered on the Asus site (have been since like 2005 as VIP) and I have multiple products registered. I am using the same email address so it would be cool if we could connect them in some way, to get Forum VIP status.
*Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 3930K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 - 2x Corsair Force GT 120GB SSDs - WD VelociRaptor 600GB Steam drive - 3x 7970 Tri-Fire !! - Corsair AX1200 PSU - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - H100 Cooler - Win7 x64 Ultimate :cool::cool::cool:

chrsplmr
Level 18
Unless I am mistaken--->
If you are registered on vip.asus.com you have VIP status on ROG.asus.com that Marshall speaks of:

(only exception) brand New Members:
Are verified after being registered for 5 days and post a minimum of 5 posts. (For Spam Control)

At that time New Members are granted full member priviledges...beyond that are the Moderators... ect.
vip.asus.com is the official support forum... registration.. Asus mail...RMA contact..ect.
rog.asus.com is ROG member based community forum for gaming,overclocking,modding,tweaking and
member to member help... supported by Asus with TeamROG, @Asus and Mods.

When the forum migrated from north america to the Global site the existing members, such as myself
logged onto vip.asus.com and updated the password which then could be used to log onto ROG.asus.com
Danger.... ROG IS the upgrade from VIP - in my opinion - so you see you are already VI-ROGr.

Not to speak for Marshall...but I believe here.. VIP status... means.. also registered on vip.asus.com
[[if a member is vip registered..with a product, mb,gpu,laptop..verified user---Spam Control/Security]]
then the vip status becomes ROG.forum with instant access to VIP.support--sort of speak.c.

kb0sdq
Level 10
And we get the colder beer from the better fridge lol
Just kidding....
Good way to put it c.
Happy ROG_n
Doug

Also whats with the board today when I try to post it try's to double post? what a pain. Gremlins go away....

X-ROG
Level 15
ASUS has a setup to keep things more secure (I won't detail it) but it also makes it more complicated than just writing code for this forum alone because the forum database checks the VIP database about logins and stuff. I know it's confusing now, we're taking baby steps! We will make the system better soon!

chrsplmr
Level 18
M.. Whatever it takes to keep the forum clean and functional for the efforts going on here is
worth 10 fold any small inconvienience... This forum is clawing its way to ROG.... cudos to
all involved..................

thank you
a humble, loyal and still imageless member...ahhahhahahaa..ok..back to work.c.

:::EDIT TO BELOW::

Yes, a small small price to pay Spoony...agreed.