cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura splitter is there such a thing?

Larkspeed
Level 7
I'm wondering if Asus make such a thing as an Aura Splitter.

The reason I ask is I own a Rampage V Edition 10 and it only has one Aura header on the board.

I want to install multiple RGB fans and at least 2 RGB Strips since I have a full tower case.

I don't want to use just straight Y splitters as it would probably end up overloading the Aura controller on the board.

What I would like if at all possible is a small box that can be hidden behind the backplate that would plug into the on board Aura header and then pass whatever that header outputs through to multiple headers which you can plug other devices into, preferably with molex or sata power to it so it doesn't overload the on board.

One Aura setting would then make everything plugged into the splitter the same.

If Asus make something like that can someone point me in the right direction, if not then they can take this as a product suggestion because i'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who would pay for something like this.
7 REPLIES 7

KeksimusMaximus
Level 8
Larkspeed wrote:
I'm wondering if Asus make such a thing as an Aura Splitter.

The reason I ask is I own a Rampage V Edition 10 and it only has one Aura header on the board.

I want to install multiple RGB fans and at least 2 RGB Strips since I have a full tower case.

I don't want to use just straight Y splitters as it would probably end up overloading the Aura controller on the board.

What I would like if at all possible is a small box that can be hidden behind the backplate that would plug into the on board Aura header and then pass whatever that header outputs through to multiple headers which you can plug other devices into, preferably with molex or sata power to it so it doesn't overload the on board.

One Aura setting would then make everything plugged into the splitter the same.

If Asus make something like that can someone point me in the right direction, if not then they can take this as a product suggestion because i'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who would pay for something like this.

You can make one yourself from bunch of wires and connectors. This is how you should put it together:
https://i.imgur.com/cdPwE4n.png
No need to overpay for something so simple like a power splitter, just to have a "Asus Aura compatible" sticker on it.
Dargus Maximus
~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming

KeksimusMaximus wrote:
You can make one yourself from bunch of wires and connectors. This is how you should put it together:
https://i.imgur.com/cdPwE4n.png
No need to overpay for something so simple like a power splitter, just to have a "Asus Aura compatible" sticker on it.

Thanks but I would rather pay for something that is professionally made and is certified compatible with my very expensive motherboard.

Larkspeed wrote:
...certified compatible...

And that's why PC enthusiasts are getting ripped off on every step on even simplest electronic components... Soon "Gaming cable splitter"...
Dargus Maximus

KeksimusMaximus wrote:
And that's why PC enthusiasts are getting ripped off on every step on even simplest electronic components... Soon "Gaming cable splitter"...

Why because I would rather pay for something I know is right than risk frying a motherboard I can't afford to replace by using something cobbled together?

Thank you for your opinion and I am happy for you that you don't have to worry about killing a $500 plus motherboard but we don't all have that luxury.

namoi
Level 8
Just buy rgb splitters from aliexpress. Works great and cost nothing.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

namoi wrote:
Just buy rgb splitters from aliexpress. Works great and cost nothing.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I already said I don't want to use a bunch of splitters, 10 RGB fans and 2 RGB strips are liable to overload the header

Larkspeed wrote:
I already said I don't want to use a bunch of splitters, 10 RGB fans and 2 RGB strips are liable to overload the header

Then you cut a single 12V cable in half, right after the splitter input plug and then extend that cable to your PSU 12V plug, probably equipping said extended cable with molex connector.
Dargus Maximus