cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Driver & Support Assistant not seeing any product is that normal?

McGovern1981
Level 7
Hi Everyone,
Intel has this driver update tool so I tried running it to see what it'd find and nothing showed up. Is that normal does Asus have these things locked so you use what's on their approved list? It seems like it should at least detect products but shows nothing at all.
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
Its Normal For Me As Well. No Intel Hardware found on my PC By Intel Tool, I will only Use Asus Driver Updates , Maybe Forum Member Chino has more insight,
PM Him Smart He Is

JustinThyme
Level 13
As usual the wording on this tool leaves a bit to be desired. Its not saying there are no products, its saying there are no updates yet the top insinuates there are products.
FWIW this is not the best way to get updates IMO. Ive used it before and it gave drivers that were older than what I already had. You are fat better to search out the individual hardware.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
As usual the wording on this tool leaves a bit to be desired. Its not saying there are no products, its saying there are no updates yet the top insinuates there are products.
FWIW this is not the best way to get updates IMO. Ive used it before and it gave drivers that were older than what I already had. You are fat better to search out the individual hardware.

OK thanks guys! That's what I thought but got me a bit concerned....(looks at justins specs) HOLY CRAP I WANT THAT SETUP!:eek:

toronto699
Level 13
JustinThyme Smart , Good Forum Member , HelpFul , For me if its not broke don't fix it ,,

toronto699 wrote:
JustinThyme Smart , Good Forum Member , HelpFul , For me if its not broke don't fix it ,,

Good advice LOL! Even if it did turn up some results I wasn't sure if I was going to install them. I was more wanting to compare what they had to what ASUS had for drivers.