Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Quote Originally Posted by drgabber View Post
    I'm having the same issue with Aura v1.05.27 that I've had with all the versions after v1.04.29 on my ROG Crosshair VI Hero - Aura 1.05.27 will only detect my G.Skill RGB RAM. It does not detect the motherboard lighting or RGB strips plugged into the motherboard. I had to reboot and shut down a few times before it detected both sticks of RAM.
    After uninstalling v1.05.27 and reinstalling v1.04.29, both sticks of RAM, motherboard lighting, and LED strips are all detected and working. I would really like it if the updated versions of Aura worked properly.
    Once you launched AURA, does the motherboard logo and strips appeared in the software? Or the screen look similar to what you had in 1.05.25?

Could you provide a screenshot of your BIOS - Main tab and also your OS build version.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint018 View Post
    Hi
    I was really excited about this update. i thought it'll fix my previous problem but it is still the same.

the problem is somewhat ALL AURA EFFECT w/ Gradient settings suddenly will stop AURA from working while Playing GAMES. ill be stuck in the present colour from where it stopped. after that i tried to re-apply the settings, the mouse wont respond to re-application of settings. this happens sometimes on color cycle but most of the time on settings with gradient effects.

ADDITION: I noticed that when i removed the mouse from AURA sync, everything works fine.

Motherboard: z270f strix gaming mobo
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1009, 23/07/2017
    Processor: i7 7700k
    Memory kit: 4x g.skill tridentz RGB
    Graphics card: RX 580 strix 8gb TOP
    Mouse: ROG Pugio
    Keyboard: Rog Claymore
    Cooling solution: Coolermaster 120mm RGB AURA
    Aura version: aura v1.05.27
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1009, 23/07/2017
    Thanks for the details, I have reported the issue and try to replicate to understand what is going on. If anyone has similar issue, please report.

Quote Originally Posted by ressonantia View Post
    The wave effect kinda works now but even at the Fastest option, it looks really slow and choppy.
    The wave effect have been improved but I agree would need a bit more improvement to be really smooth. I will report again.

Quote Originally Posted by Itzycharles View Post
    Again as far i have read all the post for the last 3 days, everyone was good before the FCU. any news on Asus part for a fix?
    It shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by takitoes View Post
    Amazing guys new version works beautifully for me!

Corsair RAM kit detected first try and syncs nicely with the GPU, mobo and InWin fans.

I will play around a little more but nothing seems to be broken even after a quick restart to test it. Would love to see continued support and features added but as of right now I have no complaints and am super happy!

Thanks for the hard work put in!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsZQ View Post
    Followed install instructions for this thread. Aura v1.05.27 now works for me (including music modes). Will report back if future issues arise.
    Thanks for reporting your experience!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Quoting myself because I was asked VIA PM if I shut my PC down completely to see if it went to default.....SIGH....
    To be clear when I went into bios what I turned off and back on was all LED functions
    Id stated in an earlier post that when I simply uninstalled and did a registry sweep and completely powered down and switched off the power supply it did nothing! I was still left with Green only on RGB 2 and red only on I/O and armor. Every thing else was dead.
    And to provide what I provided when the last version failed
    Attachment 69330
    From the screenshot, your motherboard is fine. I have reported your case but we could not replicate. If you have additional complains, please help to provide videos showing your build + the effects applied in AURA with a clear description of the effect you apply and what your system shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingvarr100th View Post
    I found a problem with 2x8GB Corsair memory and conflict between ASUS Aura and Corsair LINK Service.
    When Corsair Link Service is running then animation is laggy.
    I reported this in that post (click).
    Now I have culprit.
    When Corsair Link service process is killed and AURA restarted then everything is normal.
    We will try to find a solution to avoid conflict. For now, please use only AURA if you want to enjoy AURA Sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapantz View Post
    Hi

I thought i'd just put in a reply..

I followed all of the instructions on uninstalling, cleaning, switching off the power supply for ten minutes etc.. I installed the new version and rebooted. It all went smoothly, and Aura seems to be working fine at the moment. The light modes comet/flash and dash/glowing yoyo all seem to be working much better too.

The only problem I have, is that no physical icon shows up in the task bar. If you click the 'desktop' button on windows 10, Aura disappears from sight. The only way to get it back is by maximizing or minimizing another app that is open - then Aura appears again. It used to show an icon in the notification area, but as you can see from the screenshot, it's not there.

https://prnt.sc/hh0rmp

Possibly spoke too soon! LightingService is taking up a constant 5% CPU
    Thanks for reporting. We confirm this is a bug and it will be fixed in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    So I tried it again with 1004 BIOS and I was able to get it partially working.

I have two tabs at the top, motherboard and LED strip (which is my Monoblock).

I can "sync" them both and get most of everything working like wave, breathing and such, but if I try a static colour like white, the motherboard will turn that colour but the Monoblock will not.
    Thanks for giving a try again to AURA. Do you have problem while you sync other colors? What happen if you sync in static Blue or static green? Does the monoblock follow the color of the motherboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    I also CANNOT just click on the motherboard tab to create an effect just for that unless i turn off sync. Unfortunately then I have to set every zone of the motherboard individually as I still cannot click on the motherboard tab to set the whole motherboard to one effect. Basically either i have to sync the whole motherboard to the monoblock using sync or I have to turn sync off and do every zone individually.
    For now we do not provide a same sync effect for one product. To do so, as you mentioned, we need to do it for each EC. This provide even more control options. However, I will add your feedback to the suggestions list.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post
    Once you launched AURA, does the motherboard logo and strips appeared in the software? Or the screen look similar to what you had in 1.05.25?

Could you provide a screenshot of your BIOS - Main tab and also your OS build version.

Thanks for the details, I have reported the issue and try to replicate to understand what is going on. If anyone has similar issue, please report.

The wave effect have been improved but I agree would need a bit more improvement to be really smooth. I will report again.

It shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Thanks for reporting your experience!

From the screenshot, your motherboard is fine. I have reported your case but we could not replicate. If you have additional complains, please help to provide videos showing your build + the effects applied in AURA with a clear description of the effect you apply and what your system shows.

We will try to find a solution to avoid conflict. For now, please use only AURA if you want to enjoy AURA Sync.

Thanks for reporting. We confirm this is a bug and it will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for giving a try again to AURA. Do you have problem while you sync other colors? What happen if you sync in static Blue or static green? Does the monoblock follow the color of the motherboard?

For now we do not provide a same sync effect for one product. To do so, as you mentioned, we need to do it for each EC. This provide even more control options. However, I will add your feedback to the suggestions list.
    So in the individual lighting it was not the LED strip at the bottom, instead the monoblock was listed as RGB #2. A little confusing but I found it. It would switch colours differently from the rest of the board. Great!

Unfortunately when i tried to sync things back up and do a Wave, or colour cycle, the software kept defaulting to when the MB and the monoblock were NOT in syncl. After many reboots and clicking default each time, i got the original wave back. The problem is each time I switched to some other type of effect, it would switch back to that original time when I de-synced everything and changed the monoblock colour.

Very odd. In the end I couldn't do any other effect than the original static colour for each change ... it would go back again. Finally hit default and uninstalled, so I'm back to unicorn vomit again. Will wait for next one.
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Latest Aura seem to a fixed the wave effect but the Rainbow effect as previously mentioned still freezes after some time.

X99 Strix Gaming (latest Bios), 1060 Strix 6go, 4 sticks of GSkill Trident Z RGB (4x8go), Gladius 2 (latest firmware).
    Windows 10 LTSB x64.

ROG Member Array agony22 PC Specs
    agony22 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Strix Z270 ITX
    ProcessorIntel 7700K
    Memory (part number)GSKILL RGB 4.266hz 16gb
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080Ti OC
    MonitorLG 34UC88
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 850 1TB
    Storage #2Western digital 2TB blue
    CPU CoolerNoctua DH9L
    CaseCorsair air 240
    Power SupplyCorsair RMI 750watt
    Keyboard Logitech K380
    Mouse Logitech MX master
    Headset Sennheiser Mommentum HD inear Wireless
    Mouse Pad steelseries
    Headset/Speakers B&W P5 wireless + B&W MM-1
    OS Windows 10 64bit

From what I have seen on all those machines that I build , RGB lighting and software not for ASUS only but for all the others to is a great pain to make them work all together .
    I think its time to make it as simple as it gets and turn of all these RGB lighting off on my personal build .

ROG Junior Member Array

Angry Help Needed Please!

I normally don't post for help, I consider myself computer savvy and have exhausted all the recommendation tips found through various threads through the versions. I'm hoping that by not being stubborn and posting I might get a solution vs leaving the brand altogether.

Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA
    BIOS version: 3501
    Processor: Intel 6700k
    Memory kit: G.Skill
    Graphics card: Asus Geforce Strix 1080ti
    Mouse: Logitech g900
    Keyboard: Logitech g910
    Cooling solution: NZXT Kraken x62
    Aura version: 1.05.27

I been experiencing problem with Aura Sync on all versions I have installed, 1.4 and on I believe (I haven't tried anything prior).

Let's start with the UI, it wasn't until I saw someone post a screenshot that my software UI has never been right - prior to 1.05.27, it has a black backdrop where you couldn't even see some of the options I later learned even exist. The new version broke this further and made it transparent (screenshot)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2d3bd5b122.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	69341

Still, you can kind of navigate and apply some of the color schemes (not all work, but that's in line with other people's reportings). I currently like the music sync, but the frustrating part is the setting does not retain past reboot.

Things I have already tried to do

Full Uninstall -> power cyrcle -> Cleaner -> reinstall (1000x)
    During those 1000x, I did the right click and unblock the zip - elevated access on setup files and even recently went into my system files to add myself to a security profile based on a recommendation I saw in this thread. Registry cleaning, made sure all bios and drivers updated and nothing, same problem of settings not being retained and now transparency window in the software.

The only thing i feel I haven't tried is to format and do a clean OS install, but if I do that and it is still not working (considering the hassle involved), I will probably never use ASUS product again. So that really needs to be a last resort because I love ASUS products

So with all that said, I'm ready to jump through hoops to get this worked out - like I said I have a high understanding of computers in general and even programming, tell me what to do and I will do it.

New ROGer Array drgabber PC Specs
    drgabber PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo Y510p
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VI
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Duke OC
    Sound CardOnboard SupremeFX S1220
    MonitorLG IPS231B-BN
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB
    Storage #2LG GGC-H20L Blu-ray/HD DVD/DVD±R
    CPU CoolerCryorig R1 Universal
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyCorsair CX750M
    Keyboard WASD CODE 87 Cherry MX Clear Switches
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Pad-Zilla
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500 Speakers/Philips SHP9500 Headphones
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk R7000
    Accessory #1 Asus PCE-AC68 WiFi Card
    Accessory #2 Xbox One Controller & Wireless Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post

The screen is similar to 1.05.25 - only the RAM is displayed.

My OS Build is 16299.98. Below is a screenshot of my BIOS.

Thanks for looking into the issue.

New ROGer Array

Totally agreed

Quote Originally Posted by ressonantia View Post
    The wave effect kinda works now but even at the Fastest option, it looks really slow and choppy.

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero X370 AM4
    BIOS version: 1701
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
    Memory kit: G.Skill Flare X 3200 MHz 2x8GB DDR4 (14-14-14-34)
    Graphics card: MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
    Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma
    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Cooling solution: Alphacool Eisbaer 240 (240mm AiO)

Totally agree. A little bit faster will make this effect awesome.

New ROGer Array

Uninstall/Install Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by KroLeXz View Post
    So with all that said, I'm ready to jump through hoops to get this worked out - like I said I have a high understanding of computers in general and even programming, tell me what to do and I will do it.
    Hey man, I know this can be very frustrating, but give it a try on what I did, which worked perfectly.

1.- Uninstall previous Aura versions (or even this new one) by going into the Control Panel > Programs and Features
    2.- Run Aura Cleaner
    3.- Run CCleaner
    4.- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS and delete the Aura folder.
    4.5.- When I tried to delete it, I couldnt because there was one service that was using it, so I restarted the PC and then I was able to delete it.
    5.- Run CCleaner again
    6.- Turn off PC and unplug the PSU for about 30 seconds.
    7.- Right Click on the .ZIP of Aura 1.05.27
    8.- At the very bottom there's a checkbox that says Unblock, mark that checkbox and Apply>Ok.
    9.- Extract files
    10.- Right Click on file "AsusSetup.exe" > Properties > Compatibility and check the box of "Run this program as an administrator" > Hit Apply > Ok.
    11.- Run the AsusSetup.exe and restart when the setup tells you to do it.
    12.-Once back in Windows, don't run the program yet. Shut down the PC and unplug the PSU for abother 30 seconds.
    13.- Run Aura SW and should be working now.

I know that those are a lot of steps, but when looking at everyone's post I've decided to record every step I made. I hope it helps.

Motherboard: Rog Strix B350-F Gaming
    BIOS version: 3203
    Processor: Ryzen 5 1600
    Memory kit: Corsair 2x8GB CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
    Graphics card: Rog Strix GTX 1080 Advanced
    Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma
    Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma
    Cooling solution: Coolermaster AIO

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGS View Post
    Hey man, I know this can be very frustrating, but give it a try on what I did, which worked perfectly.

1.- Uninstall previous Aura versions (or even this new one) by going into the Control Panel > Programs and Features
    2.- Run Aura Cleaner
    3.- Run CCleaner
    4.- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS and delete the Aura folder.
    4.5.- When I tried to delete it, I couldnt because there was one service that was using it, so I restarted the PC and then I was able to delete it.
    5.- Run CCleaner again
    6.- Turn off PC and unplug the PSU for about 30 seconds.
    7.- Right Click on the .ZIP of Aura 1.05.27
    8.- At the very bottom there's a checkbox that says Unblock, mark that checkbox and Apply>Ok.
    9.- Extract files
    10.- Right Click on file "AsusSetup.exe" > Properties > Compatibility and check the box of "Run this program as an administrator" > Hit Apply > Ok.
    11.- Run the AsusSetup.exe and restart when the setup tells you to do it.
    12.-Once back in Windows, don't run the program yet. Shut down the PC and unplug the PSU for abother 30 seconds.
    13.- Run Aura SW and should be working now.

I know that those are a lot of steps, but when looking at everyone's post I've decided to record every step I made. I hope it helps.

Motherboard: Rog Strix B350-F Gaming
    BIOS version: 3203
    Processor: Ryzen 5 1600
    Memory kit: Corsair 2x8GB CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
    Graphics card: Rog Strix GTX 1080 Advanced
    Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma
    Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma
    Cooling solution: Coolermaster AIO
    wow thank you is an understatement. I have been trying everyone else solutions, and this is the first to work. I'm thinking the unplugging the PSU is the trick that did it for me.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Wow.. how about just fix the software???
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast