cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thinking of buying a GL702vs

chappmaster
Level 7
theres a GL702vs at pawn shop i might buy it but right now its $1200 but soon the price drops to $960 are these laptop any good this one is the best buy model I7700 with 1070 8gb and 75hz panel i looked at the laptop at the shop and i hear the fans are on loud i did download furmark and run that on it didnt get past 79c on gpu or cpu so what do u think
5 REPLIES 5

chappmaster
Level 7
so in week i might pull trigger and buy it i have my Conductonaut liq metal if i need it anyone got tips or anything for this model

I hear people on this forum complain in games it heats up to 95C with both CPU and GPU. It can be solved by undervolting, but for me it's strange to buy laptop to immediately undervot it. And also it's discharging while plugged in. I do not own GL702VS, so I do not follow this story and can be mistaking.

FastM
Level 8
Yes it needs cooling upgrades and/or undervolting (which can actually improve performance over factory) but it doesn’t suffer from the discharging issue.

I’ve had one with the 120hz screen for over 6months and i would buy again. The screen is easily the best laptop screen i’ve ever seen.

FastM wrote:
Yes it needs cooling upgrades and/or undervolting (which can actually improve performance over factory) but it doesn’t suffer from the discharging issue.

I’ve had one with the 120hz screen for over 6months and i would buy again. The screen is easily the best laptop screen i’ve ever seen.

I did pick up that good liq metal so and there's video online showing how so might work great I did do furmark test on it at pawn shop didn't see high temps like everyone saying maybe I got a good thermal paste job one

chappmaster wrote:
I did pick up that good liq metal so and there's video online showing how so might work great I did do furmark test on it at pawn shop didn't see high temps like everyone saying maybe I got a good thermal paste job one

As was reported in a thread below: "To prove this, I first changed the thermal interface to liquid metal. That doesn't solve the issue."