cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme + Enermax Liqtech TR4 360

ApolloX
Level 7
For those that have the Zenith Extreme and Enermax Liqtech TR4 360...

1) Which header did you plug the pump into? CPU_OPT, W_PUMP+, or other? Seems like the cable is way too short to reach W_PUMP+ but I’m not sure it will run properly in CPU_OPT

2) Can you fit 8 RAM chips? I’ve read reports where on some motherboards, the pump hoses blocked a RAM chip.
12 REPLIES 12

vpkb1998
Level 7
I routed the cable around the VRM Heatsink and plugged it into the CPU FAN, no issues. I would rather use the Pump fan but as you know the cable is too short.

Regarding RAM, you should have no issues installing 8 DIMMs, the water hoses are pretty long and will not get in the way.

Thanks! Appreciate it!

I also have the same setup but with 128GB RAM via 8 DIMMS. If you get the DIMM fans with your memory kit it will also cool your DIMM.2 NVME module but the room for the video card is tight is it have a metal back plate like the ROG 1080ti OC.

Let me know how your unit arrives as my radiator arrives with coolant inside its shipping bag which made me think it was leaking from a below zero (frozen) shipping problem.

Curious, did you end up moving the Graphics Card to a different slot?

No, I removed the rubber padding on the RAM fan monting which allowed video card to fit into the first PCIe slot. I installed the video card first then the DIMM fans.

Since the second PCIe x16 slot also goes to NUMA node 0, I put the 10G NIC there for best performance.

I installed the cord coming from the waterblock to the "cpu" pins and the radiator fans to "cpu_opt". It seems to work well.

I also plugged the waterblock pump into the CPUFAN header and the radiator fans to CPUOPT.

The manual says the CPUFAN header can put out 1A of power, which should be plenty to run the pump.

Been running this way for a few days and so far no issues.

Water block MUST be in the CPU fan header.
As for the radiator, it doesn't matter. If your cord is too short to reach W_PUMP+, CPU_OPT will achieve just the same result.
I have run mine for the first month or month and a half in the CPU_OPT but I have since then switched it to W_PUMP+ after re-working my cable management, either one works fine and no noticeable difference (theoretically there should not be any difference either).

vpkb1998 wrote:
I routed the cable around the VRM Heatsink and plugged it into the CPU FAN, no issues. I would rather use the Pump fan but as you know the cable is too short.

Regarding RAM, you should have no issues installing 8 DIMMs, the water hoses are pretty long and will not get in the way.

Is your pump going strong? Mine seems failed. Hose near pump is hot, pump itself is definitely hot. Here's my CPU's idle temp and it has been throttling a lot. Room temp is 77'F