cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING --- VID bios disable issue

BRUNEZ
Level 7
Hi,

I have a problem with bios 0430 option on ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING .
There isn't the option to disable VID, only to choose SVid Best\Worst\AUTO ecc..

I use manual vcore and need this option to prevent up\down voltage.
In MANUAL mode with Best option SVID are set on 1.2, if put SVID on auto start at 1.4, too high. I' ll want use manual without VID
Thanks for your time .
CPU: Core i7 3930K C2 ][ MOBO: ASUS RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME ][ RAM: 16G Corsair Dominator 2133 ][ GPU:Strix 980TI ][ PSU: Corsair AX1500i ][ HDD: 2 X 850 Pro ][ 2x Crucial M550 ][ 1x Wdd Re4 1Tb. ] CASE: Obsidian 900D ][ MONITOR: IIYAMA ProLite E2607WS ][ FOR FRAG: Logitech G502 & G15 ][ OS: W10 Pro ][ LIQUID COOLING: EKWB Supr. Evo - Sanso PDH054-2x 480 Rad- WB Mobo ]
5 REPLIES 5

Raja
Level 13
Replied to your private messages.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Replied to your private messages.

Hey Raja could you help me further? I purchased my motherboard yesterday, I've updated my board and I seem to be having the same issue (No Disable option available for SVID).

Loctran01 wrote:
Hey Raja could you help me further? I purchased my motherboard yesterday, I've updated my board and I seem to be having the same issue (No Disable option available for SVID).

There is no need to disable SVID. That was the gist of the private messages I sent to the OP.

Could you explain that a bit further? Would it not be better to disable SVID when a manual voltage is selected?

Raja
Level 13
SVID only impacts changes if the CPU power or thermal thresholds are breached. Typically, these are not breached with 24/7 overclock settings, so there's no compelling reason to disable it. Sometimes, people take a feature and misunderstand where and how it can impact changes, and they take the easy road out by advising you to disable it. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.