cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboards Maximus Hero X or ROG Strix E

N80FTY
Level 7
Hi everyone I'm completely new to building a PC so I'm building a gaming PC for VR and coming away from my Xbox X.

I'm building a full tower or more than likely a mid tower.
Ive been through Asus web sites on the Maximus X compare. I have decided for a game system the Hero would help me better for gaming. Ill get the lights, fans and AIO water coolers I'm wanting.

Question 1. Would her be the better of the Maximus series for me.
Question 2. What's the difference between the ROG Strix A, E,G,H and so on. The main differences.
Question 3. Between the Maximus Hero X and the ROG Strix, is there a specific reason or differences to choose one over the other.

Sorry for any stupid questions.

And thank you for the help.
2 REPLIES 2

daddyd302
Level 7
You might want to watch this. This convince me to get the maximus hero 10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCAQpvFhiUs
Main
**Intel 8700K @ 5Ghz**Asus Maximus 10 Wi-Fi ** EVGA 1080ti SC2 SLI**SoundblasterX AE-5**G. Skills Trident RGB 16G**Crucial MX300 1TB**Seagate Barracuda Pro 8TB**Thermaltake View 71**EVGA 1000 P2**Sony 900E**Corsair K95 RGB**Logitech G903**
Backup
**Intel 6850K @ 4.4Ghz**Asus Rampage V 10**Asus Strix 1080 SLI**Soundblaster Z**Corsair Vengeance LED 32G**Crucial Mx300 1TB**Seagate Barracuda 8TB**Corsair 570X**Corsair H100i**Corsair HX 1000i**Sony 800E**Corsair K70 RGB**Logitech G900**

Raja
Level 13
Outside the obvious items in the spec sheets and on the product pages, the Hero is a bit more robust for overclocking due to a beefier power circuit.