cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling G752VS Intel GPU - Any Chance / Method?

Enterfrize
Level 8
Hi all!

Running a G752VS-RB71 notebook.

I use movie editing software, and the encoder performs much, much faster when it is able to use the Intel GPU core for processing.

Has anyone figured out a way to get the Intel GPU core working? The GTX1070 is useless for this kind of activity.

Regards,
Enterfrize
3 REPLIES 3

MrRuckus
Level 10
Enterfrize wrote:
Hi all!

Running a G752VS-RB71 notebook.

I use movie editing software, and the encoder performs much, much faster when it is able to use the Intel GPU core for processing.

Has anyone figured out a way to get the Intel GPU core working? The GTX1070 is useless for this kind of activity.

Regards,
Enterfrize

Unless the laptop says it specifically supports Nvidia Optimus, it wont work. Im not sure if any G Series Asus laptops support Nvidia Optimus. Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

That really sucks. It kind of makes sense because on PC motherboards the Intel and discrete GPU connectors are physically separated. It's a waste though because most (if not all) movie editing programs using the embedded Intel GPU for acceleration even when it isn't connected to anything. It's the difference between having movie encoding taking minutes and hours.

If ASUS were to activate the GPU with an understanding that it isn't actually connected to any outputs like HDMI / DVI / DP - it would multiply the computer's usefulness for on-the-go video editors / producers / media like myself. The exception would be if the CPU didn't have a GPU built in, but I'm almost certain this one does. I'll double check.

Regards,
Enterfrize

Yes the G750 had it, there were so many issues it hasn't been tried again in the G series, I think maybe some of the GL Series may have it not sure don't really pay any attention over there.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro