cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero X

no1yak
Level 8
Can someone tell me if the above MB (non Wi-Fi) has a VRM sensor, only nothing shows up in HWinfo under Asus EC.
69 REPLIES 69

no1yak
Level 8
So I take it that no one knows the answer to my question, or can't be bothered to answer.

Menthol
Level 14
I don't see any VRM temp reading in AIDA64 either on my M10H Wifi, so if there is a sensor it cannot be read at this time, I don't know about the non Wifi model.
I don't know if it has anything to do with the Wifi/BT module, similar to CPU-Z not reading vcore correctly

no1yak
Level 8
Thank you for your reply. It's my feeling that there isn't a sensor but I thought I would ask.

SherardG
Level 7
I am also interested to know my VRM temps. I wouldn't like to think that it ships out without a sensor, considering that the board targets the enthusiast market. Could anyone from the ASUS Team provide some information? Thanks!

There is definitely a sensor on the non-Wifi Max X hero. When I first installed HWiNFO64 (v5.60-3280) it asked if I wanted to enable an embedded controller because of compatibility reasons with other monitoring software. I clicked yes.

Under ASUS EC it shows VRM, PCH, CPU Vcc Sustain/Standby (VCCST_A), CPU PLL, VCCMP, and CPU_OPT fan. My temps are showing 47 current, 23 minimum and 62 maximum for VRM.

Hope this helps.

P-Dub wrote:
There is definitely a sensor on the non-Wifi Max X hero. When I first installed HWiNFO64 (v5.60-3280) it asked if I wanted to enable an embedded controller because of compatibility reasons with other monitoring software. I clicked yes.

Under ASUS EC it shows VRM, PCH, CPU Vcc Sustain/Standby (VCCST_A), CPU PLL, VCCMP, and CPU_OPT fan. My temps are showing 47 current, 23 minimum and 62 maximum for VRM.

Hope this helps.

Hello, Thanks for this information. I disabled the ASUS EC due to possible issues with memory (I'm not sure if you could break your SPDs because of it) but since your post, I've enabled it yet do not see any information for VRM temperatures, plus the fact that they are reporting two different values:

and

Maybe you could point me in the right direction? I am currently using HWiNFO v5.60-3280

Menthol wrote:
It does not show on the Wifi model, also CPU-Z reads half vcore. I would think there is a VRM sensor just unreadable on the Wifi for some reason.
That said with a little airflow over the VRM you will have no issue, I don't have any VRM heat issue with no direct airflow, just what the exhaust fans above the board. I did set a 40mm fan on top of my Vid card cooling the M.2 heatsink which lowered 960 pro temps almost 10c.

I was here thinking to get the Wi-Fi model as well. Seems that not all boards are made the same in this case. As for the VRMs, I was looking to make use of the fan holder but couldn't get the fans, and based on the way my system is set up, I don't think I could mount it anyway as the top fans would be in the way of the mounting bracket:

Menthol
Level 14
It does not show on the Wifi model, also CPU-Z reads half vcore. I would think there is a VRM sensor just unreadable on the Wifi for some reason.
That said with a little airflow over the VRM you will have no issue, I don't have any VRM heat issue with no direct airflow, just what the exhaust fans above the board. I did set a 40mm fan on top of my Vid card cooling the M.2 heatsink which lowered 960 pro temps almost 10c.

no1yak
Level 8
Well, VRM is not showing up in HWInfo64 on either the Hero X or my Hero IX.

Edit:- Checked for VRM sensor in the bios under monitor- not there. Tried bios 0505, not there. It appears that some boards have and some don't.
Someone on the Aida forum was asking why the VRM was not shown when in the bios the VRM sensor is.

no1yak wrote:
Well, VRM is not showing up in HWInfo64 on either the Hero X or my Hero IX.

Edit:- Checked for VRM sensor in the bios under monitor- not there. Tried bios 0505, not there. It appears that some boards have and some don't.
Someone on the Aida forum was asking why the VRM was not shown when in the bios the VRM sensor is.

That shouldn't be the case. Most reviews are able to get VRM temps measured without an IR Scanner, so I'm guessing, that's software based. I am using the same board as P-Dub (non-Wifi) so I'm not sure why my temps aren't getting read. On Monitor, I only have PCH, GPU, CPU, and Mainboard temps. This shouldn't be the case since according to the ASUS showcase, there is indeed a thermal sensor located in the VRM area.