Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

How extreme are you clocking your system? I think it is overkill.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I think no more than 1,47-1,48V on CPU and all VRM settings in BIOS on max. And it possible that it will be 24/7 with all energy saving off.

But better to stick thermal sensor to that backplate and monitor temps. It's easier than stick thermal pad cause I don't know what distance will I have between plate and case.

What is safe temperature of that backplate?

I read on one forum that even when water block will be installed (from EK), this backplate still will be pretty hot under stress test with high CPU voltage.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I made it. Between backplate and case I placed thermal pads 1 mm (total about 0,5+ cm). Now during LinX or Prime95 this part of a case getting hot (50 C).

And the base of water bock (Koolance) so hot, that I can to touch it only for 0,5-1 sec (water temp 30 C)

It's not very nice. But now I've got 5 GHz @ 1,43 V (testing but first it was about 1,5 V) and all settings in Digi+ at high or like this. I think WB from Koolance not so good. And 3930k is hot, and this MB hot too So I don't know is that safe for MB or not

Any overcurrent protection is disabled but overheating protection (it's about MB) in Auto because I just don't know can I forget about MB overheat under water with temp 30 C or not

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Hey guys, i know it has been some time since discussion here but i would like to ask , do all temp sensors can be put beetween radiator and the VRM section ? Is it safe to put something like this : Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tempsens.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	315.7 KB 
ID:	20062 ? It wont conduct anything when touching mosfets , tracks near them etc ? I need to have reliable VRM temp but i want to be sure about safety of such thing.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

booya, 5GHz on a 3930k with up to 1.5V should be doable with absolutely no problems (that is average OC'ing, not extreme on these CPUs) - with adequate cooling of course...

The first step of adequate cooling is to have controlled ambient temps (remember, no air- or water-cooling can bring temps below ambient)... if you can manage to have an ambient temp between 20-25C, that will be a good start...

The second step is to have a good loop... this includes properly mounted waterblocks, good pump(s) with optimal flow (be aware that most of the time max flow is not optimal), enough radiator surface and good airflow through the radiator...

Now, you're mentioning 30C water temps... - that is not good, my friend... it's too high... The reasons for the coolant temp being to high cold be twofold: 1. you have very high ambient temp; 2. your loop is not adequate to your system

Regarding the VRMs temp, at your specified voltages and good ambient temp (see above), a single fan pointed to the right spot is enough to keep the system stable...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2