cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyboard & mouse still on after shutdown

winderic01
Level 7
hi all, my keyboard and mouse still on after shut down? is it normal? using corsair k70 keyboard and Logitech mx518. the keyboard have no LED but when i press any keys then it will turn on the LED. For mouse, infrared light stay on. thanks

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
6 REPLIES 6

PcZoneExtra
Level 7
winderic01 wrote:
hi all, my keyboard and mouse still on after shut down? is it normal? using corsair k70 keyboard and Logitech mx518. the keyboard have no LED but when i press any keys then it will turn on the LED. For mouse, infrared light stay on. thanks

Try change power state in BIOS for complete off

PcZoneExtra wrote:
Try change power state in BIOS for complete off

Hi, i look thru all options and can't find anything related to power, are you able to provide specific location? Thanks

Clouseau
Level 7
The only issue is with the mouse's firmware that keeps the eye on when the computer has gone into sleep mode. Otherwise it is all normal. Current has to be supplied to the devices that are able to wake the computer from sleep. The keyboard is smart enough to recognize when sleep mode is active and therefore turns the LEDs off until a key is pressed. Thereby waking the computer up and turning the LEDs back on.

Clouseau wrote:
The only issue is with the mouse's firmware that keeps the eye on when the computer has gone into sleep mode. Otherwise it is all normal. Current has to be supplied to the devices that are able to wake the computer from sleep. The keyboard is smart enough to recognize when sleep mode is active and therefore turns the LEDs off until a key is pressed. Thereby waking the computer up and turning the LEDs back on.
but i didnt have sleep mode on and didnt want computer to wake by keyboard or mouse.. just shut down the pc only. anyway to turn off it? Thanks

winderic01
Level 7
anyone? i still cant find options in bios to turn off. thanks

My keyboard and mouse goes off when I shutdown.

Guess only some of these settings could affect it?

There is also RGB lighting settings for sleep/hibernate/soft off, but probably nothing to do with the mouse. (you never know)
(In Advanced -> Onboard Devices Configuration)

Not sure what else could it be.

Which USB ports do you have them connected to?