cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme BIOS? 0701 or 0801?

ApolloX
Level 7
New Zenith Extreme Build... what BIOS is everyone running? The last official is 0701 and the current beta is 0801. Any suggestions?

I noticed the 0801 release has been out almost two months and Asus hasn't made it official. Which one do people recommend?
6 REPLIES 6

Ljugtomten
Level 9
Actually, latest BETA UEFI is 0804.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1636566/asus-rog-zenith-extreme-x399-threadripper-overclocking-support/18...

Beta BIOS 0804 https://www.mediafire.com/file/hurdeb58o4mtjq2/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME-ASUS-0804.zip

* AGESA 1.0.0.3
* Hynix 2DPC patch (POST issues with all slots populated)
* Fan control fixes, including EXT_FAN card
* PCIEX8/X4_4 lane switching tested and works fine @capitaltpt, however I haven't verified the issue on older BIOS

So then which would you recommend I install in a new build, 0701 or 0804?

Ljugtomten wrote:
Actually, latest BETA UEFI is 0804.

Trying not to be rude, but you do have any proof this is BIOS came from Asus? The fact that it's not posted on this forum and is not distributed through the same file sharing system as 0801 makes me a tad nervous. I want to believe its real, but I'd like to see some evidence it actually came from Asus.

ApolloX wrote:
Trying not to be rude, but you do have any proof this is BIOS came from Asus? The fact that it's not posted on this forum and is not distributed through the same file sharing system as 0801 makes me a tad nervous. I want to believe its real, but I'd like to see some evidence it actually came from Asus.

You can trust it, 2 big players from ROG are always hovering over there providing ninja help. 🙂

804 is running nice for me

ApolloX wrote:

Elmor is legit. Try the newest 804 you can go back to an older one if you have to.

Ljugtomten
Level 9
Which version is recommended for you depends on how you are planning to use your computer.

Wanna play it safe: 0701. (I use that version, was on 0801 before but went back when I noticed temperature spikes despite stock CPU. Will go up to 0801 or above when I buy an Enermax Tr4 360)
Boot from NVME Raid = Minimum 0801
Affected by any of the changes in 0804: you want that version.

ASUS is currently working on an UEFI with AGESA 1.0.0.4, what it will include is still unknown atleast for me.