Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array Hopeywolf PC Specs
    Hopeywolf PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Z
    MonitorROG PG278QR + XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung 960 PRO 2TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x 2
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100 V2
    CaseCorsair X570
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000 T2

Quote Originally Posted by Dovakhan View Post
    I still don't even know if I have MCE activated or not on my ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming Wifi AC. I've it on "Auto", so technically it's activated. But my frequencies are 4,3 when all 6 cores are in use, and the core voltage rarely ever surpasses 1,2 (1,16 with Prime95, 1,14-1,18 in games, 1,16-1,2 with emulators. Also, sometimes it has very rare and brief jumps to 1,25-1,27. But like I said, they're the exception). And I've activated it because when Disabled it puts my CPU on constant 1,344 of core voltage when under load, plus 15 extra C of temperature (don't remember now the clocks when I had it Disabled, and NO WAY that I'm gonna disable it again just to check them).

That option is a COMPLETE MESS imo. And until ASUS finally fixes it and CLEARLY includes an option for Intel 100% stock settings (and puts it as default), I won't recommend these motherboards not even to my worst enemy. I already regret enough buying one myself.

*Note: I DON'T want any kind of OC in my system. I just want all the Intel stock settings once and for all.

Yeah I am having the same issue, if you can call it that. I do not know what exactly stock is for the mobo settings but at defaults with XMP MCE on i get 4.3 on all 6 cores like you said. The temps though are up there, im sure there are lower voltages when its truly stock.

New ROGer Array tlc53 PC Specs
    tlc53 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero
    ProcessorI7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600c17d-16gtz. Overrclocked
    Storage #1Samsung, 960 Evo
    CPU CoolerWater cooled
    Power SupplyCorsair 650
    OS Windows 10

Stats on Maximus X . Comments.

Gooday all, Hopeywolf and Nolyak. I've got the same setup as you guys, Maximus X Hero & 8700. I just thought I'd share some specs and information. I'm a novice at overclocking but having fun and learning, and reading heaps.
    I de-lidded the cpu, (stressful), but it worked, and my system is under water.
    I'm running at 5.1Ghz @ 1.35. Temps under load are 68/72c
    G-Skill ram, 3733c17d, I've got these running & 4000 @1.38. I set AV instruction at 3 and M.2 Pcie X4, everything else is at Auto.
    Under load everything is stable and my temps are 68/72c.
    I tried 5.2, it passed Asus real bench, but failed Cinebench? Just wanted to share this with you two, this is only my second post.
    Cheers

New ROGer Array Starscream PC Specs
    Starscream PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero X Wifi
    Processor8700K
    Memory (part number)Trident RGB 3200 CL 14
    Graphics Card #1Strix 1070 OC
    Storage #1960 Pro NVMe
    CPU CoolerDeepcool Captain 240 RGB
    CaseThermaltake P3
    Power SupplySeasonic 750 Gold

4300 on all 6 cores is stock turbo frequency, from what I have read. Its adaptive, so if you have 1 core going, it should hit 4700. If you have 2 going, its like 4600, etc. Its weird intel lists the chip at 3700, but it never seems to run at that. It will run at its turbo speed under 100% load.

Also, I ran a more intensive stress test (RealBench 2.4.3) and my set up failed. Whats weird is it passed fine on Aida 64 stress test and works fine for my BOINC projects. Furthermore, I tried setting SVID behavior to typical, increasing the voltage, etc... and my TDP and Vcore never seemed to go up with the adaptive Vcore settings I changed. I'm thinking something else is "off". I will play around when I have the time, but I'm not too concerned if its working for all my daily use and my power and temps are really good.

So, I'm a bit confused too...

And thanks @ Menthol for the tip about setting Windows to performance if I want to see my cache frequency go up! I'll check it out.

What would be great is if Raja or someone could confirm in a post EXACTLY what you need to do for stock settings...settings where the power draw of the CPU is exactly what the chip expects. Unless the high voltage/temps for what we (I) believe is stock is really what is stock... but I find that hard to believe.

Starscream PC Specs
    Processor8700K
    Storage #1960 Pro NVMe
    CaseThermaltake P3

Quote Originally Posted by tlc53 View Post
    Gooday all, Hopeywolf and Nolyak. I've got the same setup as you guys, Maximus X Hero & 8700. I just thought I'd share some specs and information. I'm a novice at overclocking but having fun and learning, and reading heaps.
    I de-lidded the cpu, (stressful), but it worked, and my system is under water.
    I'm running at 5.1Ghz @ 1.35. Temps under load are 68/72c
    G-Skill ram, 3733c17d, I've got these running & 4000 @1.38. I set AV instruction at 3 and M.2 Pcie X4, everything else is at Auto.
    Under load everything is stable and my temps are 68/72c.
    I tried 5.2, it passed Asus real bench, but failed Cinebench? Just wanted to share this with you two, this is only my second post.
    Cheers
    Nice work! Yeah, I dont want to go the delid route. No question it will have a significant impact, but I feel I should be able to run a reasonable temp with stock or just above stock settings. I think I have come close, but my TDP almost seems too low. But at my current temps with these settings, I could easily go up a few degrees / voltage for more stability and I would be satisfied. I just haven't figured out how to get there yet. As I said previously, for everything I do on my PC, including running 100% load with BOINC projects 24/7, it has been stable. But RealBench told a different story.

On a vacation Array

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    What would be great is if Raja or someone could confirm in a post EXACTLY what you need to do for stock settings...settings where the power draw of the CPU is exactly what the chip expects. Unless the high voltage/temps for what we (I) believe is stock is really what is stock... but I find that hard to believe.
    I've been asking similar simple questions for more than 2 weeks, and so far Raja was unable to reply. So I wouldn't expect much. You want my opinion? They screwed it up BADLY with that option, and now they're either trying to cover it up, or are too 'proud' to admit it.

I've posted on the Intel forums to see if I can get some reliable answer from Intel staff.

Until then, I do hope that 1,15-1,2 are normal voltages for the 8700K at stock. At the very least they're 0,15v and 15 C less than what I had before...
    Last edited by Dovakhan; 12-03-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Starscream PC Specs
    Processor8700K
    Storage #1960 Pro NVMe
    CaseThermaltake P3

I passed a 15 minute realbench this morning. Basically, I increased the core current limit to 130% and set my adaptive voltage to 1.22. Now my TDP power spikes to around 104W vs the 80 or so I was getting. I also added LLC5, but may try without it. Temps are still better, where originally I was averaging 75+ with spikes to 85, and with these settings I'm averaging 70 with spikes to 75.

On a vacation Array

Temps for me were 65 average when in 1,344 mode, and now they barely surpass 50 C, so I consider myself fortunate in that regard.

You could say that my Noctua NH-D15S and Kryonaut thermal paste saved me from raging about high temperatures, apart from high voltages :P (as well as my Thermaltake Core X2 case with an added 200mm fan).

As for the rest, I don't understand much about what does those options do, and I just wish that the whole stuff gets freakin' fixed already.
    Last edited by Dovakhan; 12-03-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2